Unconsistent hitreg R2

John213

Hello everyone!

Want to ask you guys why my hitreg in some games (cod waw, BF4) is so inconsistent. I can send few bullets to other player to instant melt him in first game and same time lost whole mag on same guy while playing other map. My setup is ISP router and R2 which is connected straight to my PC. R2 WAN  IP is in DMZ. First ISP router is closed to any connections so it does not steal any bandwitch. I also turned off firewall and upnp on this device to avoid double nat

Working on latest firmware 3.0.205

I 've tested few solutions like console games option in traffic prioritization and allowing TCP with UDP to realize that using only UDP ports 1024-65535 working better than other solutions.

My netduma settings.

received_517614462561323.webp received_336013674471974.webp received_2985359385071638.webp

I have 0 idea how to answer your question, but I do want to commend on how you formatted your question. Very well worded, you are are clear on what your exact problem is, steps you took to fix it yourself, and you added pictures. I don’t work for netduma, but this makes me want to help you find the solution to the problem LOL

• Administrators

What is your ping shown by the Geo-Filter and what is shown in game?

Do you see your ping spike or anything like that when this occurs?

I would suggest you keep the source ports as 1-65535

Have you experimented with the Apply to WAN option to see if that improves your experience?

For instance my ping in bf4 is 29-30 same as for Geo-Filter and I haven't noticed any spikes so as on dsl reports test (bufferbloat with 1-2 ms spike). Yes, I've experimetned with "Apply to Wan" and "Gaming/Voice" options but for me it wasn't make any difference in game.

obraz_2021-02-28_153833.png

I am testing amount of ports you mentioned (1-65535) for UDP and I have to say it's a big difference. For now hitreg is real. I wonder if hit detection can be even better with R2 as primary router with working PPOE VLAN.