Some questions on new FW Upgrade (3.0.205)

Oren Tasuna

Hi,

So just installed the update and did a Factory reset, don't have many impressions yet as it is just been installed.

One thing I noticed though (not sure if regression in this version) - connection benchmark shows values that are wrong - for example it shows my DL speed is 27 mbps and my ping is ~60. I have 1000/100 Fiber connection, and on SpeedTest I get much more accurate results (800DL/90UL/1ms). What are you testing against? is the test done again some very far away server or is this a bug?

And another issue - what's the impact of the default 12 hours DHCP lease time? does it mean devices will be disconnected after 12 hours or just renew their IPs seamlessly? What's the maximum applicable value for lease time? and also, are you planning to add an option to not release assigned IPs?

• Administrators

After the factory reset did you input the speeds that you expect in the Congestion Control menu? We use mlabs and we do need to put some more optimization there. 

After 12 hours devices should have their IPs renewed seamlessly or given another IP depending on the situation. The maximum lease time you can have is 168 hours. The way to not have IPs released/reassigned it to set a reserved IP on DHCP settings.