Peer vs dedicated server

l2eactionz

• Administrators

A peer is basically a person like you or me who is hosting the game - decided by the game itself when in matchmaking. This can be good and bad - bad because you're relying on the strength of that persons internet. They may be using WiFi for example, someone could be downloading etc. Dedicated servers are dedicated to the sole purpose of hosting those online games so generally they're quite stable and will provide an evenish ping the whole game. It's one of those things in the gaming community where the grass is always greener. For CoD though it will always be dedicated servers so if you see a peer icon it will be misclassified on the map.

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

A peer is basically a person like you or me who is hosting the game - decided by the game itself when in matchmaking. This can be good and bad - bad because you're relying on the strength of that persons internet. They may be using WiFi for example, someone could be downloading etc. Dedicated servers are dedicated to the sole purpose of hosting those online games so generally they're quite stable and will provide an evenish ping the whole game. It's one of those things in the gaming community where the grass is always greener. For CoD though it will always be dedicated servers so if you see a peer icon it will be misclassified on the map.

Ah okay so warzone I don't need to worry about. I connect to peers and have been blocking them thinking its bad and only allowing the dedicated server lol thank you