Netduma Ping Assist Bug/not working

fatal0Efx

Sometimes I put home location out in the middle of the ocean and set ping assist to 0 to allow me to run Destiny 2 strikes solo (don't want to be bothered by other people).  This used to work fine, but this does not seem to work any longer.  Netduma is still allowing me to match with people.  Oddly they are showing up as ping-assist players.  How is this happening with ping assist set to 0?  

32 minutes ago, fatal0Efx said:

Sometimes I put home location out in the middle of the ocean and set ping assist to 0 to allow me to run Destiny 2 strikes solo (don't want to be bothered by other people).  This used to work fine, but this does not seem to work any longer.  Netduma is still allowing me to match with people.  Oddly they are showing up as ping-assist players.  How is this happening with ping assist set to 0?  

Does it work in vanguard strikes?or just all ?

It works for any activity where you don't want interference from others. Strikes, NF, free roam, hell even tower (sometimes I forget to turn it off and wonder where everyone is lol. 

Basically you get your own server. 

After rebooting the R2 it started working again. 

38 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Glad to hear it is working now, it may have been if it was on when you were on the game and then adjusted it that caused it.

I did have ping assist enabled prior. I then turned it back to 0 but the R2 ignored that setting. I tried even disabling and re-enabling geo filter and even restarted the game, but none of that had any effect.

It wasn't until the R2 itself was rebooted that it recognized the setting was changed to 0.

I think it's pretty clear the R2 is having difficulty here.