XR500 behind another router for geofilter only

Is it possible to connect my PS4 to the XR500, with the XR500 behind another router, to only use the geofilter? 

I am planning to use an Untangle box for my main router/firewall so was going to turn off DHCP/NAT on the XR500, assign a static IP to the XR500 and PS4 with the devices connected as follows: Untangle -> XR500 WAN, then XR500 LAN -> PS4.

Will this work or will I get errors and/or geofilter won't function? The geofilter is the only feature I need as I can run QoS with Untangle. 

thank you

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Yes you can absolutely do it this way. I would recommend on the Untangle to put the XR in the DMZ so that you can achieve an Open NAT on the device using the Geo-Filter.

what the best option? dhcp on the operator router and with the XR in the DMZ or the DHCP on the XR?

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, scrubosaurus said:

what the best option? dhcp on the operator router and with the XR in the DMZ or the DHCP on the XR?

In the scenario above, the former as most devices will be connected to the operator router - so saves you setting loads of static/reserved IPs.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Yes you can absolutely do it this way. I would recommend on the Untangle to put the XR in the DMZ so that you can achieve an Open NAT on the device using the Geo-Filter.

When you say "put the XR in the DMZ", do you mean simply to forward all ports? As opposed to DMZ Bridge per https://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/Network_Configuration#DMZ_Bridge ? Apologies, I know this is Netduma support and not an Untangle forum!

Thank you