Can’t connect to net duma

Gmoney

Just bought the net duma r1 off eBay, I have it set up wall > ISP modem > net duma > PC. All Ethernet. Using this method I can access my ISP router and connect to internet but when I try on the net duma it says “cant connect to this network”. It also asks me for the password every time I attempt it which is weird since I’m on Ethernet. I use the SN on box and it doesn’t tell me “incorrect password” it merely tells me my pc can’t connect to the network.  I have everything set up In the correct Ethernet ports, but nothing I do will let my pc connect to the net duma and attempt to set it up. Is there a special download I need or something to help connect it?

10 hours ago, Gmoney said:

Just bought the net duma r1 off eBay, I have it set up wall > ISP modem > net duma > PC. All Ethernet. Using this method I can access my ISP router and connect to internet but when I try on the net duma it says “cant connect to this network”. It also asks me for the password every time I attempt it which is weird since I’m on Ethernet. I use the SN on box and it doesn’t tell me “incorrect password” it merely tells me my pc can’t connect to the network.  I have everything set up In the correct Ethernet ports, but nothing I do will let my pc connect to the net duma and attempt to set it up. Is there a special download I need or something to help connect it?

Hello, welcome to the forum.

Please do the following;
Connect R1 by cable to your PC, then go to the system symbol in windows and write ipconfig, see where you put IPv4. What IP address does it show you?

A greeting!

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. When it's asking you for the password are you referring to when you try to access the interface in your web browser? If not can you provide a screenshot of where you're seeing it please? Most likely the person that sold it to you performed a factory reset so you need to access the interface, complete the setup wizard and you should then get a connection.

21 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. When it's asking you for the password are you referring to when you try to access the interface in your web browser? If not can you provide a screenshot of where you're seeing it please? Most likely the person that sold it to you performed a factory reset so you need to access the interface, complete the setup wizard and you should then get a connection.

This is the area I’m talking about with passwords that I use the SN to access. I haven’t made it to the Duma Os for login or anything yet. How can I access the interface? I already put my isp modem in bridge mode but nothing has changed with the duma 

image.jpg

image.jpg

3 hours ago, titofuenla said:

Hello, welcome to the forum.

Please do the following;
Connect R1 by cable to your PC, then go to the system symbol in windows and write ipconfig, see where you put IPv4. What IP address does it show you?

A greeting!

It’s showing 192.168.92.220 when I got straight from wall > Net duma > PC. Will post a pic with it 

if I use the earlier method of bridging the modem and plugging the duma into that, it doesn’t give me the ipv4 at all. Just shows everything is disconnected 

image.jpg

UPDATE

when using no modem and going straight from wall > duma > pC and using the above default gateway I have made it to this screen. Is this where I can begin the setup wizard? It will won’t even connect to the duma network yet

image.jpg

• Administrators

Okay so basically the person didn't factory reset the router for you and it is also on quite an old version so no setup wizard on that version. Go to Settings > Miscellaneous and then do a factory reset from there please. The WiFi password will then revert to the serial number. Then access the router interface and see if your have internet. Do you know if you need anything specific for a connection such as PPPoE or VLAN etc?

Well after bridging my modem and Net duma still not working I no longer can access my original modem. Can’t access the net duma, haven’t been able to since I bought it. Selling this junk on eBay and letting someone Else deal with the headache. Nothing should ever be this user un-friendly, ever. Nightmare of a device