VPN - Hybrid VPN

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, CyberPilgrim said:

Ok thank a lot bud even if I’ve set certain devices to udp and others to tcp. Like my Mac is in tcp streaming devices on udp 

It doesn't matter which you use to connect to the VPN but it does matter how you add it

Ok thanks man I’m ready to quit with NordVPN I’ve been at this for two days. It’s still not working. 
how would you add it please? 
theyvare confusing cos it says they don’t work with open vpn with Netgear but have instructions on how to set it up? 

• Administrators

Okay well just add the device and remove any entries you've made for it and select Do NOT VPN these services so just like this:

image.png

then reboot the device and check the IP. If that doesn't work enter the VPN IP into the DNS on the router and see if it works then please.

Ok thanks man I will try this in morning I’ve spent two days in this already and I’ve gotta work tomorrow afternoon. Will blast it in morning. Sorry I was taking to tech support via NordVPN again still no joy. Will try your method next 

cheers man 

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, CyberPilgrim said:

Ok thanks man I will try this in morning I’ve spent two days in this already and I’ve gotta work tomorrow afternoon. Will blast it in morning. Sorry I was taking to tech support via NordVPN again still no joy. Will try your method next 

cheers man 

No worries, I think it's more on us than them to be honest so engage with us primarily and we can figure it out.

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay well just add the device and remove any entries you've made for it and select Do NOT VPN these services so just like this:

image.png

then reboot the device and check the IP. If that doesn't work enter the VPN IP into the DNS on the router and see if it works then please.

Hi Fraser, you mastered the problem thanks so much man. At first I installed the open VPN on Mac. Allowed the firewall permissions etc then saw it was working. So I signed out of the app. Opened up Duma OS did your settings and I'm now protected on all devices via TCP. I'm confused how setting Do not VPN these services works? Oh well it works perfect now thank the maker :D

• Administrators
3 hours ago, CyberPilgrim said:

Hi Fraser, you mastered the problem thanks so much man. At first I installed the open VPN on Mac. Allowed the firewall permissions etc then saw it was working. So I signed out of the app. Opened up Duma OS did your settings and I'm now protected on all devices via TCP. I'm confused how setting Do not VPN these services works? Oh well it works perfect now thank the maker :D

That's great to hear! There was likely a port we were missing!

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, CyberPilgrim said:

Hi I defo used user name and password from my NORDVPN account page. They have a copy and paste option. It’s encrypted to a completely different code. 
that works great for me. 

The above is for using the VPN service config from from the settings to connect to another XR500.