Can't connect to online services

Tivo

I've been trying to connect to COD servers all night and it's not letting me connect. It times out in the game and I have to quit back to desktop (playing on PC).
24 hours ago, everything was fine and I didn't change any settings.

Here's what I already tried.

• Restarted the Netduma R1 router on 3 occasions
  • Rebooted my PC
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled battle.net as it was laggy but it didn't change anything to the game
  • Update Netduma OS for R1 to the latest version.
  • Removed all my port forwarding
  • Disabled uPnp and enabled it again after not fixing the connection problem. 
  • Flushed cloud on router

When trying to connect to the game, I can see that it's trying to connect to a European server even though I'm in North America. (screenshot attached).

I have geo-filtering disabled and just to be sure, I put my ping assist at the maximum (200).

Still can't connect.

Any ideas ?

Screen_Shot_2021-01-23_at_10_09.11_PM.png

Finally got it to work. 
Here's what I did. When trying to connect to the European server, I clicked on it and denied it.
It then showed me all the servers on the map and I was able to get into one closer to me.
Posting this here in case it helps someone.

• Administrators

That European server is required for online play so I'm not sure how that worked or how you're even able to play online after doing that. It doesn't have an effect on your game/ping at all. 

I'd recommend removing the device from the Geo-Filter, then in the Device Manager click on your PC and give it the PlayStation device type. Then re-add to the Geo-Filter and select the manual option, it will then filter more effectively.

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Wayne said:

Fraser, Could you please explain why it's more effectively to scan as a Playstation device type rather than a different console or PC? Thank you in advance!

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Of course, the CoD profile is based on Deep Packet Inspection, this can become outdated whereas when using a device as a PS it adds with the console service which uses ports instead which never gets outdated so its more to be safe and as a precaution so you don't run into issues.