XR500 Wifi Download issue

Just started having issues with my XR500.  I am on a 1gig/1gig Fiber connection and get ~940Mbps/940Mbps wired through the XR500 so no problems there.  The issue is with download speeds on both bands.  I am getting ~50Mbps/450Mbps (download varies from 30Mbps to 70Mbps, upload is pretty consistent).  This tested the same on multiple iphones and a windows 10 5G laptop.  Speeds have been great up until recently.

I have tried a factory reset, changing channels on the wifi networks, disabling QoS and any anti-bloat, disabling MU-MIMO and/or beamforming, changing SSID and password so only my device is connected, and checked that all antennas are tight.  I updated to the latest firmware after I noticed the issue and it is there on both firmwares, .66 and the one before it.  I have also checked for any other networks on the same channel and there are none.  I am at a loss and hope I don't have to buy a new router now.  Any ideas would be great.  Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your XR500!

You mentioned you've just started having these issues, what changes were made to configuration/environment prior to noticing these drops in speeds?

Are these speeds consistently low, or is this an intermittent thing? Are wired connections affected too?

No changes in the configuration or environment at all prior to noticing this.  The speeds are consistently low on all of the wifi devices I have tested with.  Wired connections are not affected at all.  And it is only the Download that is affected.  I have tried laying my phone on the router itself and no change.

29 minutes ago, PsychoSW said:

No changes in the configuration or environment at all prior to noticing this.  The speeds are consistently low on all of the wifi devices I have tested with.  Wired connections are not affected at all.  And it is only the Download that is affected.  I have tried laying my phone on the router itself and no change.

Is WMM on under advance WiFi?

If you have an iPhone or iPad there’s an app called WiFi Sweetspots, it’s free and will confirm the throughput of both your 2.4 and 5Ghz. 
if you install that and test on both channels could you post the results please. Test about 8ft from the router.

make sure you have nothing on your clipboard before running the app.

Well, I found the problem.  It wasn’t the router at all which was strange since my upload speeds seemed ok.  Found the fiber was pinched in the box before it gets to my ONT.  It wasn’t broken but had a microbend.  Straightened it out and light levels returned to normal and speed tests are back in business.  Was showing no packet loss or anything.  Just shows how resilient fiber really is.  Btw, this is 1gig Calix.  Thanks for the help.

62DC622D-F6A9-4404-925B-D3B8F8476840.png