Cannot Access DumaOS and Wifi is DOWN

Nick Paranzine

This morning my connection went down and I power cycled both my router and modem thinking that would fix it. When everything booted back up, my router would connect to the internet for 2 seconds and then the connection would drop and it would continue to do this until I took a pen and help the reset button on the router for 30+ seconds. My router must have reset because I am now connected to the internet on my PC via an ethernet cable, but I cannot log into DUMAOS using dumaos/ or the IP address on the router. I receive the message attached in the post. I really need the fix to get back up and running because I work from home and tomorrow I am on the clock at 8:00. I noticed another user seems to be having the same problem as me so I do not think it is isolated to my equipment. Please let me know what I can.

image.png.115c0fa412d710f3d357a266a71fc6c1.png

• Administrators

Was that while you were connected to the R2? It seems to be getting your public IP address which shouldn't happen when connected to the router.

Follow this guide using the Control Panel section and give your PC these settings:

IP - 192.168.77.2
Subnet - 255.255.255.0
Gateway - 192.168.77.1
DNS  - 192.168.77.1

once you've done that try to connect to the interface please.

image.thumb.png.4f94cbd24209a517dbdf3916292e1b4e.png

I am not sure if I am in the right spot for inputting these IP settings but it is saying it cannot save the IP settings. What am I doing wrong?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Open command prompt on the PC, type

ipconfig

press enter and then post the results here please.

• Administrators

I just tried that as well and it isn't working for me either so you didn't do anything wrong there. 

Go to the adapter options, right click > properties, click on IPv4 in the list, then click properties and you should be able to enter it there instead.

I reverted the changes back to automatically gather the DNS and IP information and I am able to connect again to via the ethernet. I still have no WiFi and cannot access the DumaOS software to activate the Wifi.

Is there a way I can get on the phone with someone or do some sort of screenshare? I am going to have to purchase a new router if I cannot get this resolved ASAP...

• Administrators

Unplug the router from the power entirely for 10 minutes - this lets any residual power drain. Then re-connect it to the power, does the WiFi appear or are you able to connect to the interface then? We don't have that kind of support unfortunately as we're a small team.

I powered down the router for 10 minutes and plugged it back in. Now, my router is intermittently connecting my PC the network and then dropping the connection. The power light remains solid. The “internet” light flashes on and off and so does the “1” port for my pc. 

When I hold down the reset button on the back it doesn’t power cycle. What should I do now? Is the router defective? I was using it this morning with no issues and then it randomly started doing this. I made no changes to the settings prior to these issues. 

Searching through the forums it seems that others are having this same problem: 

Reboot Loop and Cannot Access DumaOS Dashboard

This forum post is another user who seems to be having the same exact issue as me. They are holding the reset button but instead of power cycling, for some reason the rotuer is just connecting my PC to the internet. I NEED to get the router up and running so my family can work off the Wifi. I am in desperate need of a replacement router if that is what is needed. I have emailed [email protected] to see what can be done. I am hoping for the best but please let me know if there is something else I can do on my end to fix this.