Geographical region?

Wayne1985

Hi, in game it says my geographical region is Leeds when I live nowhere near Leeds, not sure if its coincidence or not but we was looking for a present for our daughters birthday the other day on Smyths toys and it said our local store was Leeds.

Is this something I can change or should it be this way?

Cheers.

• Administrators

I'm assuming you live in the UK then, it won't show your exact city and nor should it do that really, it's because they're looking up your location from your IP and it's not entirely accurate. Having it say your city would make no difference.

Netduma Fraser

i bought a nighthawk 500 today and it doesn’t seem to find any servers whatsoever. I’ve tried saving the PC as a console and also PC. It’s flashed up with all the servers once then disappeared. Can you help?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'm assuming you live in the UK then, it won't show your exact city and nor should it do that really, it's because they're looking up your location from your IP and it's not entirely accurate. Having it say your city would make no difference.

Thank you Fraser 👍🏻

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, rich1287 said:

Netduma Fraser

i bought a nighthawk 500 today and it doesn’t seem to find any servers whatsoever. I’ve tried saving the PC as a console and also PC. It’s flashed up with all the servers once then disappeared. Can you help?

I've responded to your topic, no need to make any more posts, we will help you there.

15 minutes ago, Wayne1985 said:

My main reason for asking was I thought maybe my ISP's (Virgin) servers were in Leeds so I wondered if that could be giving me a higher ping

I don't think that has any bearing on it, just their estimation of where abouts you are - obviously if it was showing in another location that might be a cause for concern - but even then, IP blocks are sold and bought by different countries and so it can take time for databases to update with that new information. So likely the IP you have used was at one point located in Leeds but as I said that won't affect the connection :)