Moderate nat type

Sahvage

i have open nat type and i know thats usually the goal but im testing some lobby variations for tournament organizers and 1 topic that came up was moderate nat type vs open. So if i could switch mine from open to moderate that would be a great help. 

• Administrators

Whatever you have done to get an open NAT then take it out of that, if you've done nothing then disable UPnP. Though if they're not wanting to use an Open NAT that's a concern, depending on the setup I could foresee issues happening there.

Here is a good image of why you'd want to keep everything on an Open NAT - if even one goes to strict and the others are on moderate you'll have issues:

See the source image

the gooal is to find out if players with moderate nat type are getting overall easier lobbies because someway sbmm is lesser because of nat type. or at least that is the theory so im trying to test lobbies based on my nat type so im trying to go from open into moderate.

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, Sahvage said:

the gooal is to find out if players with moderate nat type are getting overall easier lobbies because someway sbmm is lesser because of nat type. or at least that is the theory so im trying to test lobbies based on my nat type so im trying to go from open into moderate.

Fair enough, I don't think that would be the case as SBMM isn't based on your connection but would be interesting to see the results. Turn UPnP off and you may get moderate - there is no set way to get moderate or strict NAT so not much that can be advised.