Server IP list

Dord

Hi there, 

Quick question, how is the server list generated for Warzone? Geo filter can get wonky, so I'd rather whitelist/blacklist some server IPs instead to get to the server I want, but I'm not sure that list is 100% accurate, pretty sure I ended up on some IPs that were not in the router list. Is this a manual thing, is it synced with some Activision API, or is generated based on user data? 

Also, some servers are sometime showing up, sometime not, is Activision shutting some servers off depending on time of day? Everything is possible I guess but that seems unlikely, so could the router feed be out of sync somehow. 

Thanks!

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I haven't done it myself but I believe they pull the IPs from Wireshark - when the game initially loads up it pings all available servers and therefore you're able to tell what their IPs are. How are you going to be whitelisting/blacklisting IPs exactly? They do actually change so when you notice sometimes that heatmap isn't showing all available servers it is because they have changed. I have also seen some servers being used mainly during peak times and then afterwards you can't connect to it.