Internet lost had to reboot rooter

mfoz11

Log file attached for this one, it was around 11pm

Internet went off for everything, restarted the netduma all came back up - i was running a netgear r8000 previous to this with no disconnection issues while using the internet in over 2 years on virgin.

Running the newest firmware installed today.

log-1610061609666.txt

• Administrators

Are you using the Virgin hub in modem mode or in router mode? I have Virgin as well and would recommend router mode as I find it to be more stable, you would give the R2 a static/reserved IP on the hub and that should prevent this happening.

42 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you using the Virgin hub in modem mode or in router mode? I have Virgin as well and would recommend router mode as I find it to be more stable, you would give the R2 a static/reserved IP on the hub and that should prevent this happening.

No its in modem mode, Ive never ran it in router mode the software is too crap

• Administrators
12 hours ago, mfoz11 said:

No its in modem mode, Ive never ran it in router mode the software is too crap

The software is sufficient enough for what you need it for, at the end of the day it just needs to pass traffic through to the router, I think though in router mode, with the R2 as a static IP and in the DMZ that it will resolve your issues.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The software is sufficient enough for what you need it for, at the end of the day it just needs to pass traffic through to the router, I think though in router mode, with the R2 as a static IP and in the DMZ that it will resolve your issues.

That isnt a fix really...i had a netgear in for 3 years with no issues at all in modem mode - since my connection went in 6 years ago its been in modem mode 5. attached a new log pre rebooting the netduma to get me back on.

log-1610120173930.txt

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, mfoz11 said:

That isnt a fix really...i had a netgear in for 3 years with no issues at all in modem mode - since my connection went in 6 years ago its been in modem mode 5. attached a new log pre rebooting the netduma to get me back on.

log-1610120173930.txt 72.69 kB · 0 downloads

I know it's not a fix and we are working on that but this is a good workaround in the meantime. It's actually how I use it with my hub as modem mode has been flaky for me in the past.

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I know it's not a fix and we are working on that but this is a good workaround in the meantime. It's actually how I use it with my hub as modem mode has been flaky for me in the past.

Ah good as long as its being looked at i guess you can test it too ;) but if it happens every 12 hours is seems it is il have to just switch back to old router till its sorted

• 2 weeks later...