How do I get the best connection for Black Ops Cold War

kenny Reel

Ive had the r2 since the very beginning of October and I was wondering if there was a way to get a better connection to the servers, I look up the ping heatmap and see I can get better ping to servers because I just upgraded my internet speeds as well I have my isp modem straight to my router and then ethernet from my pc to the router, my internet speeds are 450 down 20 upload and I usually get 50-60 latency in game and in private matches ( which this is what I usually play because I play in the CDL Challengers League ) I will get 60-100 depending where the host of the game is, ive had the host of the game be 2 hours away from me and im still on 70 ping, in QoS my congestion control is on always, and ive ran the tests for it but Idk what to to for priority bandwith, or ping, I know it takes my sliders basically all the way down to like 5 or 10% when i do both and that doesn't seem accurate to me, so if someone could help me it would help me a lot cause im already frying in tournies but I know im still missing one thing, if my latency was just a tad lower I feel like it could push me past the point im stuck at

And also lately my router literally just randomly disconnects from the internet till I unplug it for 30 seconds and back on. It’s fine that at least 10 times now. Not a huge deal but it’s kinda just annoying at times especially if I’m in these tourneys with money on the line. 

And I know y’all do your best to help everyone out, y’all have helped me out so quickly with a arena issue y’all’s customer service is A+++ so I’ll be a life long netduma user just because of that. U can’t find customer service like u guys do it and how y’all help in these forums. It’s amazing. Look forward to seeing how u can help me with this issue. If it’s easier to hop into a discord call or something lmk it would be faster 

• Administrators

First of all, could you run a Connection Benchmark test and post a screenshot of the results here please. Also run a speedtest.net test and post the results here as well - you can omit the IP from the picture.

Thanks for the kind words!

• Administrators

We're still improving the speed detection on Benchmark so you can ignore that for now.

Okay well that explains why is always over 50. Your base ping is around 30-40 ms so thats the ping you have before you do anything on the internet basically. Then that ping also suffers from very high spikes. That's not something the router could help with, it's either, the cable connecting the router to the modem is bad, the modem is causing issues or it's down to the routing from the ISP.

I'd recommend using PingPlotter, and pinging a local news website for example for 10 minutes, once from the router and once directly from the modem.

• Administrators

That's a good reduction in ping but the ping is still quite high to begin with, this may still have an affect on your ping to games because those aren't game servers. Try the PingPlotter suggestion and then we can see in more detail what may be happening.

• Administrators

In what scenario was that test done, was it direct to the modem or through the router? We only do TeamViewer for bugs unfortunately as it's very time consuming otherwise and it's just me doing support so it means I can't help everyone at once.