Factory password not working

bd9150

Hey. So I just got my new R2 and when I was getting it up I got as far as entering the factory password. When I entered the factory password it says it’s invalid. Tried resetting the router multiple times but still doesn’t work. Please help! 

No worries, plug the cable into one of the lan ports, make sure you have connected your modem into the wan port.

open a browser on your pc and try accessing it with this info.

http://192.168.77.1 or simply add 192.168.77.1

Just now, bd9150 said:

I think that worked. The password at the bottom of the router is wrong lol

That’s great news, I’ll add @Netduma Fraser so he’s aware of the issue. Once you go through the setup change the WiFi names and passwords to ones you wish to use and it should work from then on.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, DanielDeVeaux said:

I just my new R2 an my password isnt working , and I tried factory resetting and its not working either. @Netduma Fraser

Sorry to hear that, are you able to connect to the R2 via an ethernet cable and go through the setup wizard that way? Then once you have completed that you can connect your devices via the WiFi details you set in the wizard.

Yup. Got it working again. Still can’t connect to servers in different countries though. Have ping assist at 0, circle the radius I want to cover and it just connects me to servers in the US. 

6 hours ago, bd9150 said:

Yup. Got it working again. Still can’t connect to servers in different countries though. Have ping assist at 0, circle the radius I want to cover and it just connects me to servers in the US. 

Surely the idea is to connect to servers that offer you the best connection. Have you been reading or watching all the videos flying about about finding servers elsewhere for a popular game.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, bd9150 said:

Where are you trying to force servers? Depending on where you're trying to force it will be quite hard to get them and will also result in long search times which why the theories as mentioned above are not viable.