Help

Davidkutosi

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. We would usually recommend connecting via ethernet so you can complete the setup wizard and then change the WiFi password to connect. Are you able to borrow a laptop with an ethernet port from someone else in your home or from friends & family?

• Administrators

Okay so could you try this please, I haven't suggested this yet so it might not work. You won't have internet while you do this. 

Connect the R2 LAN port to your ISP modem/router WAN/Internet port.
Then connect to the ISP modem/router WiFi and go to 192.168.77.1 in the web browser and that should take you through to the R2 setup wizard.
From there you can change the WiFi password.
Once you've completed the wizard then plug it back in the regular way and connect to the R2 WiFi.

I went back to my spectrum store and got new equipment to see if it will work but my laptop does t have Ethernet port so tomorrow I’m going to find a usb Ethernet adapter and try that but they only gave me a modem I think it only has one Ethernet port on the modem

576AA050-1826-4B7A-BD0F-35FB9DDBA166.png

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Davidkutosi said:

I went back to my spectrum store and got new equipment to see if it will work but my laptop does t have Ethernet port so tomorrow I’m going to find a usb Ethernet adapter and try that but they only gave me a modem I think it only has one Ethernet port on the modem

If that is a pure modem without WiFi then what I suggested won't work and a USB to ethernet adapter would be a better option.