Trying to get Modern Warfare on pc to have open NAT

So i just picked up this router yesterday. My modem is the one that cox supplies so its nothing special. before I got this router my NAT type was open just through port forwarding. Now its set to moderate and I cant figure out why. ive tried uPnP, DMZ, port forwarded all the necessary ports for the game. Changed my IP from static to dynamic and back. everything I can think of and now im at a loss. any advice on what i can try? i have watched numerous videos and read multiple threads and I cant get it to work whatsoever!

When you added your new router, your PC would have detected another connection. Is it set to private under network settings?  If it's "Public" your windows firewall isn't going to allow any games to connect. Also make sure you're seeing a UPNP connection, while your game is running. That will narrow down if you're problem is at your PC or the router. Untitled.thumb.png.462bceaec8ac973e934cec17c7a6eb02.png

• Administrators

Have you done that then or have you yet to do so? Are there any options on the modem that are still active such as firewall settings that you can disable? If bridge mode doesn't work then take it out of that and put the XR WAN IP in the DMZ of the cox modem instead and then see if it is open.

okay so i just put the XR WAN IP into my cox modem DMZ area and I will see if that works. I also called cox and one person told me i need to turn the router portion off on their system and then another lady told me she cant walk me thru how to do that and they highly advise against it. i also cant get into my cox router settings using the ip and login/password. is there a way to default that?

• Administrators

Brilliant to hear you got it all working!

What are the speeds you pay for/expect? In terms of the Geo-Filter, use Ping Heatmap to identify where the closest/lowest pinged servers are and then use the Polygons to cover those areas on the Geo-Filter so you always force them.