Geofilter Ping vs. Call of Duty Cold War Ping from Settings

Tyranic Rex

Hello,

I have the XR700 with the DumaOS 3.0 Beta. This question relates to Call of Duty Cold War on the Xbox Series X.

I connected to a server and the game via the settings was saying I had 180ms ping while the auto ping server on the geofilter was saying it was around 17ms, how could this be? The two pictures attached show this issue.

20201229_153004.jpg

Untitled.png

• Administrators

So the Geo-Filter ping shows your ping directly to the server (or as close to it as possible to it), that's what you can directly control. The in game ping shows things like processing delay etc which all games have but not all choose to show. The in game ping you have is much higher than expected which indicates the server is under significant load. So in this scenario I would recommend you try and force a different server as it may give you a better experience.

On 1/1/2021 at 8:11 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

So the Geo-Filter ping shows your ping directly to the server (or as close to it as possible to it), that's what you can directly control. The in game ping shows things like processing delay etc which all games have but not all choose to show. The in game ping you have is much higher than expected which indicates the server is under significant load. So in this scenario I would recommend you try and force a different server as it may give you a better experience.

Fraser could you please send me the XR700 3.0 beta file link? i have been waiting for this beta for so long. Thanks in advance 

• Administrators
7 hours ago, irving said:

Fraser could you please send me the XR700 3.0 beta file link? i have been waiting for this beta for so long. Thanks in advance 

You can find that here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma