FREQUENT RESTARTS

Apollo1886

Good morning, Dumaneers,

I've had my r2 for about two weeks and it has been restarting/cutting out within the recent week, between 2-3 times a day, mostly in the evenings. I will lose connection at random times. I have not noticed any effect while gaming hardwired except for some times, but its more often loss of wifi connections. I end up powering off for 30 seconds, and then power up and I'm good. I have also noticed the router is a little warm but no excessive heat. Have here been similar problems like this? Is there a setting I may have mistakenly set? I was excited for this router, and while it does work very well when its not cutting out, I didn't expect trouble this early into owning it and having it operate. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having these issues. We're currently working on WiFi improvements so I expect these will diminish with time. I would first recommend you upgrade to the latest firmware and then do a factory reset, see if it performs better after that: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33236-announcement-new-r2-firmware-30179/

42 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having these issues. We're currently working on WiFi improvements so I expect these will diminish with time. I would first recommend you upgrade to the latest firmware and then do a factory reset, see if it performs better after that: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33236-announcement-new-r2-firmware-30179/

Not just wifi problem..

I get so many random loss of internet on my LAN connections.. Have to constantly unplug router

getting to a point of chucking it in the bin I've had enough

Updated to current firmware R2 3.0.179, did a reset via 30 second hold on reset button. 
powered down the router, powered off my modem and then re-powered in reverse order. Performed set up on the duma as if it were new(since we reset it) now i get only wifi and not hardwire connections, like I lost all access to my ports!

Edited by Apollo1886
Update: full system reset; modem router PC and console. All is working

Well, as of this morning, my wifi was out again. Didnt even try a reset, just plugged in my old router for the day for my kids. May be looking into a phone call or private messages with Netduma on rectification, replacement, or refund.

On 12/30/2020 at 10:37 AM, Carl Bentley said:

Not just wifi problem..

I get so many random loss of internet on my LAN connections.. Have to constantly unplug router

getting to a point of chucking it in the bin I've had enough

I thought I was on the mend with all of the suggestions, but my wifi wasn't up after my last big reset of all components. I'm hoping I don't get to this point!