Server IP and server ID??

Roy Batty

Hi,

I was wondering why there’s no server IP on auto ping, only server ID? But on Heatmap there’s server IP, but no server ID.It is not practical, I don’t know which server I’m joining and which server to block. 
There is no option to block peer servers which can be useful. I live far away from eu servers (Serbia, south Europe), so my best ping is rarely under 30.

Also, there’s no Polish server appearing on black ops cold war heatmap. 

edit: It would be nice if Ping option could force you to get in to that, selected server.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

In Auto Ping or manual ping on the Geo-Filter it will often show the IP in the domain name. 

The games use mostly servers so you won't encounter a peer hosted game, you can block though as you just need to click deny on the ping panel.

The polish server you're referring to is required for online authentication, it is not a game server as so isn't shown on Ping Heatmap.

We are working on combining Ping Heatmap and the Geo-Filter to make it more powerful.

Thank you for fast reply.

Under domain name in Geo Filter I usually get Unnamed but no IP address. It is very annoying as I don’t know what server it is when I compare it to the one in Ping Heatmap (and I am not sure if it is a dedi because it says peer and show a player symbol instead of server symbol).

I usually get like player symbol instead of square, the server one. Is there any way to force duma to connect to actual dedicateds instead of peers? 

And I am getting ping from 30-990 (it’s unreal) on dedicated servers. I lag horribly and enemies (CoD BOCW) and I have like 150/10 speeds, it wasn’t like that before I got netduma.

Is there any way to put a ping range/limit in the next update?

• Administrators

That's odd, have you disabled allow ping in WAN Settings? Look at the location it is in, then you can compare it to heatmap. They won't be player hosts, they will be servers but just misclassified as peers. 

What QoS settings are you using? Can you post your Benchmark results please?

Ping Assist is sort of a ping limit currently.

Thank you for reply.

Here are some photos you asked, also there are photos of 1ms ping and 900ms ping. It’s probably a bug in netduma.

Is there any way to reduce jitter? I messed with sliders but around 2ms is best I can get.

edit: You can also see that there are no server IP on Auto Ping.

FDA561F5-59D2-4EE8-B2F4-E854532E3835.jpeg

FD000AC3-5E0A-458C-8FA0-1A91486DAB10.jpeg

image.jpg

780D74ED-F583-4EB8-93B4-EB2613533901.jpeg

• Administrators

What web browser are you using to view the interface? 

I'd suggest you experiment more with the Congestion Control sliders as you're still getting some spikes. Your base connection also is quite jittery and spiky. What is your exact physical setup? What is the R2 connected to and what is the model of that modem/router?

I am using Firefox browser. ISP modem/router Ubee evw32c model which is hardwired to netduma r2 via cat6a utp copper cable, from r2 goes cat6 to my ps4.

Yes, too many spikes and oscillations... I messed with sliders but spikes oscillate too much.

Thank you for your reply.

All my devices are connected to R2. I have put R2 in DMZ on Ubee and I have put PS4 in DMZ on my netduma.
There’s no bridge mode on Ubee as far as I know.

I have done Connection Benchmark on MacBook Air (on WiFi) which is not hardwired to R2, maybe that’s why I have spikes?

The only way I can test Connection Benchmark on LAN is if I test it onPS4.

• Administrators

Benchmark does the test directly from the router so you can be connected to it via WiFi that is fine. Okay so instead what I would recommend is follow this guide while using Congestion Control on Always and while saturating your connection with downloads, streams etc experiment with the percentages to find what lowers the ping the most and keeps it stable. Use a local website like a news site for example. Also do a test with nothing running. Post the screenshots of the results here and I can better advise http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

• Administrators

Forget about Connection Benchmark for now and focus on using PingPlotter because the server that Benchmark uses might be giving you bad results so we need to check on PingPlotter. Follow my instructions above and that will give you the best connection possible and we can further advise if needed.

• Administrators

Was that with QoS on or off? The guide should explain how to use it and what you need to do. As a reminder:

follow this guide while using Congestion Control on Always and while saturating your connection with downloads, streams etc experiment with the percentages to find what lowers the ping the most and keeps it stable. Use a local website like a news site for example. Also do a test with nothing running. Post the screenshots of the results here and I can better advise http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

QoS was on.

This is my internet provider website pinged here with nothing running, no yt, no streams

B9614AF2-E6D0-4C56-821A-AF837ED3247C.jpeg

And this is with streams and hd vids

4CF0B6AA-4326-41FA-86EA-931988B5B3C7.jpeg

It is all tested on wifi laptop.

Couple mins after (with all vids and streams still on)

C9672E24-A589-49DE-8975-9EBFA4D296D5.jpeg

Edited by Roy Batty

This is the best I can get, I think..

And Call of Duty (game) is listed under Uncategorized, not in Gaming in Bandwidth Allocation Applications. I am confused because I don’t know what to prioritize in distribution, Gaming or Uncategorised.

13F0E343-EF3D-4FD5-AAE8-7386E483F573.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Administrators

I'd generally suggest leaving Bandwidth Allocation default unless it's specifically needed but as you have plenty of bandwidth and gaming doesn't use much you don't need it. Have you tried other percentages for Congestion Control as it looks as though you've just tried 70% so far.

I used 30/30% with default allocation and I don’t know if this looks good, but jitter is around 1.

1864BBFF-AF8E-42AC-9612-82E089033C5A.jpeg

EDIT:

I got this results with 60% (both d/u) with default Bandwidth Allocation and after I flushed cloud.

I got better hit detection on CoD Cold War. I hope it isn’t placebo or that they fixed servers temporarily.

It would be nice if you could put an option in the next update to block peer and dedicated servers connections.

It forces me to German servers (although I blocked them) and it still shows an player icon and peer connection  instead of square icon for dedicated server. I made a big circle around whole Europe and blocked every dedicated server in Europe except Italian one as I want to play on even ground because my best ping is around 30ms. 

Happy New Year! 🥳🥳🥳

52DA8E73-3F2D-4704-B1A2-C9234AFE77A7.jpeg