Internet connection

Rustyw

Hi,

Since I bought the netduma r2 I often loose my internet connection.I never had this issue before when I was using only the ISP router. Why do I have this problem,I am restarting the Netduma and the ISP router a couple of times per day now to get the internet back. When its working the internet speed its low on all devices, I  even disabled Qos.

What can I do to fix these issues?

Thanks

• Administrators

What firmware version are you on? How have you setup the ISP router to pass all traffic to the R2? Set a static IP on the ISP router for the R2 and that should help. Set DHCP lease hours on the R2 to 168. How are you testing the speeds via ethernet or WiFi and where are you testing it?

40 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What firmware version are you on? How have you setup the ISP router to pass all traffic to the R2? Set a static IP on the ISP router for the R2 and that should help. Set DHCP lease hours on the R2 to 168. How are you testing the speeds via ethernet or WiFi and where are you testing it?

Hi,

The firmware is 3.0.179,should I downgrade?

I can only see Reserved and Dynamic IP on my ISP router.Should I select Reserved?Or am I looking at the wrong setting?This is not as static?

DHCP on the Netduma software was 12,I changed it to 168.

Please confirm the above.

Ok i did the changes.I ll monitor the following days.I have 3 more questions if you don't mind:

1)On Qos what's the difference between Media and Livestreams?Are Netflix,youtube condidered as Media?

2)the ethrnet cable its conected on the WAN port on R2,however on the ISP router should it be connected on the WAN or LAN port?

3) On trafic prioritization should I add manually Playstation or it is better to just turn on All Devices - DumaOS classified games?

Thanks

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, Rustyw said:

Ok i did the changes.I ll monitor the following days.I have 3 more questions if you don't mind:

1)On Qos what's the difference between Media and Livestreams?Are Netflix,youtube condidered as Media?

2)the ethrnet cable its conected on the WAN port on R2,however on the ISP router should it be connected on the WAN or LAN port?

3) On trafic prioritization should I add manually Playstation or it is better to just turn on All Devices - DumaOS classified games?

Thanks

1. Media is things like Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video etc and Livestreams are Twitch, Mixer etc.

2. R2 WAN port connected to ISP router LAN port

3. That's entirely up to you, if any other devices play games they may be prioritized using DumaOS Classified Games. If you don't want that to happen then add manually with the Console service.

Hi,

I am keep loosing my wifi internet connection.What should I do next?

1)Should I switch back to dynamic IP and 12 lease hours?

2)Should I keep the 2.4 and 5 ghz on Automatic or its better to choose manually the wifi channels?

3)Can my Netduma R2 router be defective,since I have  all these problems?Its my router under warranty I bought a couple of months ago?

Thanks 

• Administrators

Keep the static IP and lease hours as is. I'd suggest using a WiFi analyzer and finding the least congested channel and changing to that yourself. It's almost certainly a software issue but you are under warranty and can receive a replacement if needed.