R1 shows wrong "Device Manager" picture + Double-Nat issue

Od1n

I retrieved the Lan Mac address of my Fritzbox (it uses a different one for LAN, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) and added it into the Mac cloning of the R1 PPPoE.

After i hit save i received the Apply Settings Pop-up so it worked. Next i added my Username and Password credentials and also hit save. The Apply Settings Pop-up now spins for minutes and is sometimes interrupted with a "Error: This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute." Pop-up.

Since then i dont have any internet with the R1 anymore. When i try to load other R1 interface menus such as the dashboard, all pinned rapps spin for minutes but never load. After a while the " Error: This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute." comes again.

I can no longer change back to DHCP, if im lucky and the Network rapp is loaded after several minutes and error Pop-ups it wont let me switch to DHCP as it now wants a Mac Cloning address which it previously didnt want.

I then factory resetted the R1 once more and now DHCP internet works again but most of the R1 rapps still wont load. Only 1-2 rapps are working, everything else doesnt load (geo filter, qos, ad blocker, ...).

What should i do now? :(

I tried another factory reset, same situation.
Here is a more detailed information on which Rapps work and which dont:

- Dashboard: Only "Network Status" in the top left works, all other default pinned Rapps panels crash after a while with " Error: This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute." and never load afterwards

- Geo Filter: Crashes with " Error: This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute." after a while and never loads

- Ping Heatmap: Crashes with " Error: This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute." after a while and never loads

- QoS: Crashes with " Error: This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute." after a while and never loads

- Connection Benchmark: Works!

- Ad Blocker: Crashes with " Error: This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute." after a while and never loads. After the first crash Pop-up the Pop-up reappears every few seconds

- Network Monitor: Crashes with " Error: This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute." after a while and never loads

- Traffic Controller: Crashes with " Error: This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute." after a while and never loads

- Hyprid VPN: Crashes with " Error: This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute." after a while and never loads

- System Information: Works

- Network Settings: Only the right "WAN" panel works, left one crashes with " Error: This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute." after a while and never loads

All of these Rapps basically instantly loaded when i updated from my previous R1 firmware to the latest Beta. So something must have fully went wrong now.

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry I meant use the MAC address of the actual R1 not the fritzbox. Likely got the errors as the MAC address conflicted with the fritzbox. 

But after a factory restore this should no longer be an issue, no? By the way the R1 seems to have recovered now, after 30 minutes most Rapps are working now.

In my R1 WAN Network, which is set to DHCP again, theres no Mac address listed anymore. Should i click "Reset Mac" to double check that?

Also i have no idea how to get the Mac address of the R1. Should i connect my PC to the R1s Lan port and do an arp request via command line? And does the R1 use different Macs for its Lan ports? As in does it matter which Lan port i use for that?

• Administrators

Shouldn't be, if you try to access it too quickly you can catch them while they're still loading up. You can grab the MAC address from the sticker on the underside of the router, you can then enter that in. No it doesn't matter regarding the ports.

Which of the two Mac addresses on the back of the R1 is the correct one? The top one or the bottom one? I assume one is for Lan and the other for Wifi, but the sticker doesnt mention which one is for what.

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, Od1n said:

Which of the two Mac addresses on the back of the R1 is the correct one? The top one or the bottom one? I assume one is for Lan and the other for Wifi, but the sticker doesnt mention which one is for what.

Use the top one please.

Yes they 100% are, one time I even copied them straight out of my ISPs website account to ensure there are no typos :(

For a test i removed the R1 and tried it with a different router that i have and PPPoE works with the Fritzbox :(

Could it be that theres an incompatibility with the Fritzbox and the R1? Apart from PPPoE, when using my other router it can request open ports via DHCP and gets an open NAT without any issues, the R1 has issues with that :( The Fritzbox is by far Germanys most common router, how are other German NetDuma customers solving this issue?

• Administrators

I wouldn't have thought there would be a compatibility issue, quite a few users have the Fritzbox. On the Fritzbox have you given the router a static IP or anything like that which may be forcing it to connect using certain details?

Maybe they never noticed they have a strict NAT? Nowadays barely any game informs you about your NAT since most arent P2P based anymore.

In the Fritzbox i have ticked the box in the network settings for the R1 device that it should always get the same IP. I can undo that and try it without that.

Other than that i tried all possible variatons of the 3 options "Exposed host IPv4", "Exposed host IPv6" and "Allow device to open ports". There really isnt much more you can configure for an individual network device :(.

Would the R1 Network WAN option "Static Route" change anything? But i assume its just a fixed wired default gateway to the Fritzbox then, right?

• Administrators

Might be best to disconnect the R1 from the Fritzbox, factory reset the Fritzbox, set that up, leave it for a few minutes to settle. Connect the R1 to the box, factory reset the R1, then set it up, hopefully you'll have a connection then but if not then reboot the router. Then we can try again on NAT. I think sometimes it's best to start again from scratch.

I can try that tomorrow but im not sure if itll help a lot given that my other old netgear router gets an open NAT in PPPoE and DHCP with the Fritzbox. Ill let you know once i tried it!