I don't have access to the ISP router.

Poullux

Hello, i just bought the R2, and i want to setup the R2 as bridge but the ISP don't want to give me access to their router and also don't want to set up the DMZ to the R2 IP address. is there any other way to override the config of their router. 

Can you help me with that? i'm having a really high ping around 160 a good ping here in Bogota, Colombia is around 67 (R6 siege).

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The DMZ is perfectly safe to do as the R2 has its own built in Firewall for security, if this is the only option to you then I would recommend you do it this way. You would need to look up the model of your ISP router if you want to try and gain access somehow, we wouldn't be able to advise on that. Do you know if there is a server in your country for RB6?

There is no server here in colombia or close, we just have to connect to servers in USA. I really dont know what to do because the ISP dont want to give me any access, i tried almost every regular password even bruteforcing the router password and nothing. I was reading about a MAC cloning but i dont know if that can help me. by the way i have a fiber router (TP-Link XN020-G3v).