Need some help please. Have a strict nat type and double nat on new xbox seris x

• Administrators
10 hours ago, skids145 said:

Darn I forgot to mention to them about me not getting an open nat when I directly connected to the adapter.  Every time I call though they say it’s my router.

I'd suggest calling again if possible and don't mention the router at all or say I took your advice and got rid of that router, I got another one and had the same issues. So I decided to go direct to the adapter and I'm having the same problems. They can't possibly blame anything else then.

Sounds good!  I just plugged into the adapter once again with the Xbox and now I just get a strict nat type with UPNP unsuccessful.  At least the double nat is erased when plugging into the adapter.  I am going to call them again right now and let you know what they say ASAP.

Okay I told them I still get strict nat type when plugging into their power adapter.  They said that I am going to have to put my xbox in the routers DMZ.  They said if I was using one of their personals routers, they would have been able to do it for me, but since they have no access to the nighthawk, I will have to do it myself.

• Administrators

Did you say you got rid of the router? They've blamed that again despite saying it is strict direct to the adapter. If it is strict connected direct to the adapter then using the DMZ on the router would not make a difference. 

• Administrators

I'm not really sure what else I can suggest as as you've seen its an ISP/adapter issue that no router will be able to help with, I think you'll just have to keep wearing them down/try to escalate it to someone who knows what they are talking about. The adapter is assigning a local IP so there is something somewhere on your end assigning that and whatever that is will most likely be the cause.

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, skids145 said:

Yea I feel like they are going to keep telling me the same thing.  What would you  suggest that I tell them?  That the dmz method didn’t work?  

Yeah say that and say you've connected your Xbox directly to the adapter so no routers being used and you get a strict NAT. If they try and blame something else ask for it to be escalated or ask for a supervisor. If you make enough fuss you will eventually get to someone that knows what they're talking about. The people you're talking to currently likely only know how to deal with simple queries.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, skids145 said:

Sounds good! I’ll call Monday and let you know what they say ASAP!  So basically since I get a strict nat type, there is something acting like a modem at my house?

Something acting like a router not a modem but yes. Being connected direct to the adapter should in theory give you an open NAT but actually you get a strict NAT and a local IP which you shouldn't have.