moderate nat type ps5

MassaDebata85

So my nat  has always been open ..but today it went from strict to moderate on call of duty(says type 2 on ps5)..my son has a ps4 in the other room when i have upnp on it gives us both 3074 but changes my external to something else..he gets 3074 internal and external and his is open..ive tried turning upnp off and just port forward mine put mine in the dmz. restarted console..still wont change..i got comcast..modem to r2 (wired to my ps5)to xr500(jist for wifi amd i beleive hes wired into the xr500 wich is in ap mode)not sure what else to do ..geofilter is off as well

6 hours ago, MassaDebata85 said:

So my nat  has always been open ..but today it went from strict to moderate on call of duty(says type 2 on ps5)..my son has a ps4 in the other room when i have upnp on it gives us both 3074 but changes my external to something else..he gets 3074 internal and external and his is open..ive tried turning upnp off and just port forward mine put mine in the dmz. restarted console..still wont change..i got comcast..modem to r2 (wired to my ps5)to xr500(jist for wifi amd i beleive hes wired into the xr500 wich is in ap mode)not sure what else to do ..geofilter is off as well

I'd suggest putting the R2 in the DMZ as this is going to handle traffic before the Playstation will.

It may also be worth trying to setup rules in traffic prioritisation for the ports CoD is known to use:

TCP: 1935,3478-3480

UDP: 3074,3478-3479

12 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

I'd suggest putting the R2 in the DMZ as this is going to handle traffic before the Playstation will.

It may also be worth trying to setup rules in traffic prioritisation for the ports CoD is known to use:

TCP: 1935,3478-3480

UDP: 3074,3478-3479

set up the r2 in wich dmz? my modem is modem only theres no dmz..and my xr500 is in ap mode

11 hours ago, MassaDebata85 said:

set up the r2 in wich dmz? my modem is modem only theres no dmz..and my xr500 is in ap mode

The ISP provided modem should have a configurable DMZ in its settings, if you look up the specific modem you have you should be able to find out online.

On 12/16/2020 at 6:20 AM, Netduma Liam said:

The ISP provided modem should have a configurable DMZ in its settings, if you look up the specific modem you have you should be able to find out online.

it acually does not..its a surfboard i bought modem only....but my nat is saying open now after i removed traffic prior and rentered it..im think since my son was on first upnp auto have him the 3074 internal and external and gave me 3074 internal but some other number external..dunno if the numbers i put in trafic prior conflicted or what

11 hours ago, MassaDebata85 said:

it acually does not..its a surfboard i bought modem only....but my nat is saying open now after i removed traffic prior and rentered it..im think since my son was on first upnp auto have him the 3074 internal and external and gave me 3074 internal but some other number external..dunno if the numbers i put in trafic prior conflicted or what

Ahh ok maybe then! Glad to hear it's open now, enjoy!