R2 - Netgear DM200

unczbobz

hello, I am having some issues with my r2 running alongside DM200 so i will start off by describing my setup

I am with Origin Broadband, which runs through Vodafone network

Netgear DM200 is Running in Modem Mode only 

R2 is configured using auto setup detection running PPOE config which is Just username and password only

Its IPV4 as I do not have IPV6 available at present

my internet connect is 75 mbps down and 20mbps up 

issue I am having is Lag, erratic download speeds, high ping, despite several restart etc, any help would greatly be appreciated as this is frustrating me at moment

thanks 

Edited by Netduma Fraser
Removed log as unneeded for this issue

Update, so I got good connection speeds via Dumas Benchmark, but stability isnt there, and the delay to actually load things up on game is stupidly slow.

the issue is purely on Wifi, I have connected ethernet cable, and speeds running normal, but on the wifi, I am getting speeds ranging from 190kbps to 20 mbps download and noithing more than 100kbps upload

Edited by unczbobz
Updating info

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I would first recommend that you upgrade to the latest firmware here and do a factory reset, it has some WiFi improvements in and so should help:

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33236-announcement-new-r2-firmware-30179/

If it continues after that please provide a screenshot of your Connection Benchmark results and let us know what pings you're getting and where you're measuring them from and what your WiFi settings are.

Guest Killhippie
15 hours ago, unczbobz said:

hello, I am having some issues with my r2 running alongside DM200 so i will start off by describing my setup

Just in case you did not know the DM200 is now EOL (end of life) and no longer supported, so no more firmware updates for security, run it at your own risk basically if a bad security vulnerability comes along you wont be protected with updates. 

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I would first recommend that you upgrade to the latest firmware here and do a factory reset, it has some WiFi improvements in and so should help:

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33236-announcement-new-r2-firmware-30179/

If it continues after that please provide a screenshot of your Connection Benchmark results and let us know what pings you're getting and where you're measuring them from and what your WiFi settings are.

It’s not the duma, it’s the DM200, I tried my nighthawk x4 and same issue,  after researching further, it turns out the DM200 is completely broken from day one,

just ordered homehub5 with openwrt on it, so hopefully I can thatnsetup correctly with r2 

3 hours ago, Killhippie said:

Just in case you did not know the DM200 is now EOL (end of life) and no longer supported, so no more firmware updates for security, run it at your own risk basically if a bad security vulnerability comes along you wont be protected with updates. 

That DM200 is broken completely, my experience is bad and reviews suggests it was always an issue

Guest Killhippie
13 hours ago, unczbobz said:

That DM200 is broken completely, my experience is bad and reviews suggests it was always an issue

Yep it was slated in reviews, I still use in the UK a Open Reach modem, works well and just ticks along. Its the same chipset in the late ECI models as the Vigor 130 and I'm on a ECI cab so I am in no rush to update my modem for the sake of it. Hope all works out with the R2.

10 hours ago, Killhippie said:

Yep it was slated in reviews, I still use in the UK a Open Reach modem, works well and just ticks along. Its the same chipset in the late ECI models as the Vigor 130 and I'm on a ECI cab so I am in no rush to update my modem for the sake of it. Hope all works out with the R2.

That open reach one you got, does that work with vdsl, I saw loads advertised cheaply on eBay,  is it locked to bt or is it open to all ?

I am praying this homehub I got coming with openwrt will work, 

I am likely what netduma r2 has in terms of features especially as me and misses both game.  

21 hours ago, unczbobz said:

That open reach one you got, does that work with vdsl, I saw loads advertised cheaply on eBay,  is it locked to bt or is it open to all ?

I am praying this homehub I got coming with openwrt will work, 

I am likely what netduma r2 has in terms of features especially as me and misses both game.  

It does work nicely with VDSL. You want the 3B version and if possible unlocked if you want to connect and see line stats but locked is fine too, the important part is 3B. 

7 hours ago, Newfie said:

It does work nicely with VDSL. You want the 3B version and if possible unlocked if you want to connect and see line stats but locked is fine too, the important part is 3B. 

Ah right good info, well my hub 5 arrived today, working fantastic, next challenge now is to configure the netduma r2 to work with openwrt, I would like to put hub 5 into bridge mode, but not sure how to do that via openwrt

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, unczbobz said:

Ah right good info, well my hub 5 arrived today, working fantastic, next challenge now is to configure the netduma r2 to work with openwrt, I would like to put hub 5 into bridge mode, but not sure how to do that via openwrt

Try this:

1. Advanced Settings
  2. Choose the Broadband tab, then click on the Routing tab
  3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to Bridging
  4. Tick Yes next to Enabled

43 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Try this:

1. Advanced Settings
  2. Choose the Broadband tab, then click on the Routing tab
  3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to Bridging
  4. Tick Yes next to Enabled

It’s not bt software, it’s OPENWRT, completely different kettle of fish lol