Black Ops Cold War - Cant play With Each Other (Console and PC Same Internet)

holyfugazi

I own a PC and an Xbox.

I know for a fact this isn't Netduma's fault, or my internet speed.

It is COD's shitty port system, me and my brother can play the game online at the same time, but we just cant play in the same lobby, it makes one of us lose connection 100% of the time, from what I've learnt we cant play with each other because the ports cant be forwarded to both devices at the same time, but wouldn't that mean we wouldn't be able to play the game at the same time regardless if we're in the same lobby or not? that part doesn't make sense to me

Things I tried -

uPnP on, both nat types are OPEN on the PC and Xbox.

uPnP off, port forwarded manually but no overlapping so COD wont handle 2 open connections at the same time.

Both tries did not work, we rebooted the router, console and PC while making these changes

If you can help me out please do so! we bought the game twice just so we can play with each other and it's driving me crazy!

Just to make sure im not getting this completely wrong, when you add ports in the Port Forwarding menu, there is no save button right? you just add a rule and it's already saved?

Edit: I just did some testing and yeah I dont think there is a save button

• Administrators

Thanks for the detailed information. In regards to port forwarding that is right, once you've added the rule it is saved.

Are either of you using the Geo-Filter at all when trying to play together? If so the first thing to check would be to disable this and see if it allows you to connect each other. 

2 minutes ago, holyfugazi said:

How would I go about disabling Geo-Filter? there is no option for me to turn it off at least I don't see one

Sorry, I didn't tag you in my reply

32 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the detailed information. In regards to port forwarding that is right, once you've added the rule it is saved.

Are either of you using the Geo-Filter at all when trying to play together? If so the first thing to check would be to disable this and see if it allows you to connect each other. 

• Administrators
14 hours ago, holyfugazi said:

How would I go about disabling Geo-Filter? there is no option for me to turn it off at least I don't see one

If you've actually added a device to the Geo-Filter already then you can click the Filtering toggle to disable it, or you can hover over it and click delete.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you've actually added a device to the Geo-Filter already then you can click the Filtering toggle to disable it, or you can hover over it and click delete.

Okay I've never had a device added while testing, my issue still exists

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay try disabling QoS completely from the Congestion Control option menu and see if that helps.

Sadly that didn't work, whoever's the non-host just gets kicked from the game with a message that says "Lost connection to the host" 

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay use Traffic Controller and make two rules to allow ALL traffic to both of the devices and see if that helps. Also disable Syn Flood protection in WAN Settings.

I did all of that, and still, whichever device is not the host of the lobby, loses connection when we get into a match

Spilt-screen is not even available in cold war so my only option is to play cross platform, and that doesn't work, Treyarch and Activision's support team are not of use and you're the only one who actually tried to help me Fraser, instead of saying "Your router is broken" or "Your internet speed is too bad" which I know is not the case.

• Administrators

I've found a couple of suggestions online, I don't know if you've tried them or not:

If you have Warzone join a party in WZ then the party leader starts CW from the game menu.

1. Start Warzone on PC.
  2. Have Xbox start Warzone on Xbox.
  3. Have Xbox join your party.
  4. Xbox player switch to Cold War.
  5. PC player switch to Cold War.
  6. You should receive an acceptable invite to party, or they will already be in your party when joining.

Each of you delete each other as an Activision friend and re-add each other

38 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I've found a couple of suggestions online, I don't know if you've tried them or not:

If you have Warzone join a party in WZ then the party leader starts CW from the game menu.

1. Start Warzone on PC.
  6. You should receive an acceptable invite to party, or they will already be in your party when joining.

Installing Warzone now, will try this

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

1. Start Warzone on PC.

So I have tried this, did not work, same thing happened, I should mention two things, joining a party isn't an issue, we can join each other's parties just fine, even queue in with other randoms in matchmaking and start a game, what happens when a match loads in though is the problem, whoever the nonhost gets a black screen then "Lost connection to host"

Sometimes it would kick the nonhost before even finishing the match loading screen, sometimes it would let the nonhost in the match for a couple of seconds then "Connection interrupted" and "Lost connection to host"

On 12/6/2020 at 3:14 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

If this isn't a router issue and it doesn't look to be then not much I can do I don't think. Have you tried both connected to your ISP modem/hub and see if it works that way?

I just tried that, did not work