Disabled Qos

Rustyw

Hi,

As much as I try to make it work,there are always problems on the other devices in my home while the Qos its enabled.It is a good idea to  Enable the Qos ONLY while I am gaming?Do I need to let it Enabled if I don't play?Is there any impact if I turn the Qos On and Off?Please advise.

Thanks 

Rusty

Hi,

I have it on Auto Enable,however the other devices are loosing their internet connection occasionally,the Netflix does not run the episodes one after another,some live streams don't work,slow internet speeds etc.Once I disable the Qos everything goes back to normal.I tried everything on Netduma software,watch tons of videos on you tube and read alot of posts on this forum,nothing worked...

18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you disabled Share Excess on Bandwidth Allocation at all? What about Traffic Prioritization?

Sure,I disabled Share Excess(download/upload) and I adjusted the traffic prioritization.It seems that Qos does something in the background...I am tired of keep trying things...

So,coming back to my original question,can I manually disable the Qos and manually enable it only when I am playing??Can this have any negative impact on my other devices or on my gaming???

• Administrators

Okay you will need to re-enable Share Excess because that it most likely the cause of your issue as you don't have much bandwidth compared to devices so that will be severely limiting each of them. As I mentioned if you use Auto Enable that will enable QoS when playing and disable it when you're not.

Share excess its always enabled,I did some tests and I disabled it,but it made no difference so I turn it back on.Qos its on auto -enable,but as I  mentioned something it's running in the background and its affecting my other devices.