Jump to content

Wifi is connected but has no internet


Recommended Posts

i was able to get the WiFi to work by turning off mirror settings on Both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz and only having one of the WiFi on and the other turned off. Now the other problem is when the 2.4 GHz is on the WiFi i get .14 Mbps and on the 5 GHz WiFi i get 20 Mbps when i get 740 up and down on a wired connection.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having these issues. I would first recommend upgrading to this firmware and then doing a factory reset as there are WiFi improvements there and overall should be more stable: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33236-announcement-new-r2-firmware-30179/

Then double check whether you've input your expected speeds into bandwidth settings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 11/27/2020 at 7:50 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having these issues. I would first recommend upgrading to this firmware and then doing a factory reset as there are WiFi improvements there and overall should be more stable: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33236-announcement-new-r2-firmware-30179/

Then double check whether you've input your expected speeds into bandwidth settings.

This fix works but seemingly randomly the Internet goes out then it's back to the same problem. When it goes out i still have ethernet but the WiFi has no internet connection. To fix this everytime it happens i have to factory reset the r2 and set everything up again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
13 minutes ago, psychicneko said:

This fix works but seemingly randomly the Internet goes out then it's back to the same problem. When it goes out i still have ethernet but the WiFi has no internet connection. To fix this everytime it happens i have to factory reset the r2 and set everything up again.

How often are you experiencing that? Are you using mirror mode for WiFi?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
51 minutes ago, psychicneko said:

I am using mirror mode and it doesn't happen that often probably once a month 

If it is once a month then that is probably your IP renewing itself so in the gateway settings give the R2 a static/reserved IP and that may resolve it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Access your gateway interface, default is likely 192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1 and then it in LAN Settings you should be able to reserve an IP - you can use the same IP as is shown in the R2 System Information page under WAN IP. We're making improves for WiFi at the moment, it seems to be a bit delicate at the moment but we'll sort that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Access your gateway interface, default is likely 192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1 and then it in LAN Settings you should be able to reserve an IP - you can use the same IP as is shown in the R2 System Information page under WAN IP.

Alright so it is set to static now but why am i not able to run both 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi anymore

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
1 hour ago, psychicneko said:

Alright so it is set to static now but why am i not able to run both 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi anymore

Disable the WiFi, apply, reboot, enable, apply and reboot again and see if it is consistent after that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...