How does this work?

nik

I just got a R2 and my disappointment in huge.

When i look at ping heatmap for call of duty cold war ping heat map i get a list of great dedicated servers. But when i go to the geofilter all i see i one or two crap hosted servers - what am i doing wrong 

Capture.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're experience hasn't been great so far.

Firstly, you've not got Filtering Mode enabled so you're just letting the game put you where it wants to. Remove it from the Geo-Filter, then go to the Device Manager and give the device the PlayStation device type, then add it back to the Geo-Filter and select the manual option, then ensure it is in Filtering Mode.

When you search for a game not all servers may appear at that time, the game will put you on any one of those within the radius. So it may be more beneficial for you to use Polygon mode or reduce your radius to cover only the servers you exactly want, then search for a game.

I dont get this at all. 

i have tried your suggestion it didn’t help at all and...

1) why do I have to change my pc to type PlayStation  I doesn’t make any sense

2) I have change my search area to polygon  but it doesn’t change that there are only one server in all of Europe and that Is a player hosted one

3) if I can see servers with live ping on the heat map, why aren’t they available on the geo filter?

• Administrators
  1. There may be a bug that prevents you enabling the filter with that profile. That profile is also based on Deep Packet Inspection which has to always be updated so I recommend people changing the device type to a console so that you're always able to filter.
  2. There are more servers than that. That peer icon is most likely a misclassified server and possibly required for authentication.
  3. You only see servers being blocked/allowed when searching for a game. The reason you see them on heatmap is because we initiate a ping to them all.

Can you provide a screenshot of the new settings you're using please?

1) ok, fair enough (although a bit over my head)

2) ok fair enough, its still early days. But i havent gotten more than more server at any point?

3) I havent blocked any servers, so they should show up?

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

Capture6.PNG

Capture7.PNG

Capture8.png

• Administrators

You don't need to manually block anything to block them on the Geo-Filter, that looks like a new one there in your polygons. Play a few games now and you probably will notice you get a few different servers within those boundaries.

But that is the thing, I have tried all night and at any one point there is only one server available and only the same two alternation (which are complete junk by the way)

maybe I am an idiot, but I don’t get it. It’s safe to assume that all servers are up and running (especially since I can ping them in the heat map), why am I only shown one, maybe two, why are the rest hidden or blocked? And how can I get access to them?

• Administrators

As you've got quite a few possible servers within the radius you could get any one of them. So if you reduce your area more then you can force some of the other ones while blocking the ones that haven't given you a good experience.

5 hours ago, nik said:

But that is the thing, I have tried all night and at any one point there is only one server available and only the same two alternation (which are complete junk by the way)

maybe I am an idiot, but I don’t get it. It’s safe to assume that all servers are up and running (especially since I can ping them in the heat map), why am I only shown one, maybe two, why are the rest hidden or blocked? And how can I get access to them?

You should have all the servers listed for a few seconds when you start the game and log into network services. Only when searching for a match will you display a maximum of 2 icons, one is the authenticating server, and the other is the server on which you are playing the current match.