Double Nat, Tried pretty much everything

aaroneous8989

I've had my netduma r1 roughly 5 years now, and when i first got it, it worked wonderfully. I've since moved to my old home and got a new service provider. I have a wifi modem with them that also allows us phone service. I've placed the WAN ip of the netduma in the dmz of the router the isp provided, still double strict nat, I'ved tried disabling upnp on my isp modem, and open it on the netduma, no fix, I've manually ported all the ports required for xbox live gaming, no fix. I've tried lowering the firewall settings, rebooting my modems and xbox's. no fix. The only other thing I can think of is bridging my modem, but where it also acts as a connection for my telephone, I'm not sure if this is possible. The last time I bridged my ips modem, I lost all internet connection completely, and could not get back online, could not access the isp modem anymore, even with it hardwired, had to wait 5 days on a tech to come replace my modem, so i hop you understand why I'm hesitant to bridge this modem now. IS there any other ways to receive an open nat on the netduma without bridging my modem, and without suggesstions that I've already mentioned above. I love gaming, but with call of duty, and the SBMM, I'm getting put in high ping games far from me, and it's annoying getting the first shot on someone for the to just turn and mow you down, and the kill cam show you never landed a shot.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Could you provide the model of the ISP modem/router that you're using? Then I can research it and best advise as having a double NAT means there is still something that needs to be adjusted on that. Where are you reading the double NAT exactly?

I actually called the isp about their modem itself, and got a really good agent who was knowledgeable about these things, and he found a way to bridge the modem without it messing with my internet, apparently there were two different bridge modes on the modem, full bridge, and sudo bridge, He set up the sudo bridge, and now everything is working fine.