Geofilter not working at all with PS5 / BOCW

local_celebrity

Couple of strange issues with the PS5 so far. 

At first, the Netduma got my PS5 mixed up with another device. It kept misattributing PS5 activity with another device in my network (a range extender). I was able to resolve that successfully through simply resetting the router.

However, I still have one residual issue. The geofilter doesn't work. No servers pop up. At all. No auto ping either. Nothing.

Side note: I have 'DumaEnabledOs' games enabled in 'Traffic Prioritisation' and the red light does go on, so that's something.

I tried manually adding the PS5 manually to 'Traffic Prioritisation' to see if it would resolve the geofilter issue, but it didn't.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? 

• Administrators

Just to double check, in the Device Manager does it have the Device Type PlayStation? If so when adding to the Geo-Filter, did you add it using the manual option or did you pick a service from a list? If so please make sure it has the correct device type and then re-add with the manual option and it should work.

• Administrators

Try this please:

• Hard turn off the console
  • Delete device from the Geo
  • Flush the cloud
  • Re-add device to Geo
  • Adjust settings
  • Wait 2 minutes
  • Launch console/game 

See if they appear then please. You'll need some more ports than that and also ones for TCP. Try adding with the Games Console service on Traffic Prio.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, local_celebrity said:

Cool, will try this tomorrow and report back. 

Just to clarify, how do I add the additional ports? Do I need to create multiple entries for the PS5 in Traffic Prioritisation?

If that is the way you want to go then yes you'd have to make additional rules.