Polygon Mode

BL4CK OPS V3TRN

Hi There 

I have uploaded a screenshot from my geo this morning ,  the polygon area covers around 5 servers which appear on my heat map . For 2 hours of gaming this morning I never connected to them they never shown on my geo not once . The player icon shown which is what I  connected to on every single game is exactly or very near my home location , in other words it seems I hosted every game ?  I switched the geo to the old circle radius at one point and just covered the whole of the Uk and the same connection was achieved . I am Just trying to learn more about the behaviour of the geo . I was in strict mode playing Cold War with ping assist OFF . Would appreciate comments and feedback from the forum to help my understanding 

thanks in advance 

95F06781-A778-446C-B9FE-D3C47FE18BA6.png

Hi Fraser

I have attached 3 screenshots , 1 shows the duma blocking some servers outside of range but not the 2 near me . The other 2 shows me connecting to 2 players outside of range even after i block them . Turned xbox off re noted the router but no difference . Every game I connect to one of those 2 shown but never anything else ?  Even after blocking as you can see .  To answer your earlier question no I set up geo and then went into Cold War game 

Thanks 

02DE97E9-309B-4D36-81F5-8B0EEE266571.png

8DC111FF-3462-4643-B093-87FCD60472AD.png

6331C73F-DDD1-40E6-AB15-D61ED5ABCBFB.png

• Administrators

Thank you for that. I didn't realize you were on the R2 so please upgrade to the latest .179 and then perform a factory reset please: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33236-announcement-new-r2-firmware-30179/

I believe you're having the issue where the icons appear slightly away from where they actually are. Should perform better on the latest version.

Hi There 

Just some feedback and I may go off on a tangent :)  Upgrading did improve the geo ,  the Dedicated servers did start to appear in the right place .  However I was very surprised at the number of peer connections I would connect to (Cold War )  and found myself blocking at lot of those , they were not mis placed Dedicated servers but real peers .   A couple if days ago I changed the DNS settings in the duma and my xbox to Open DNS rather than my ISP default DNS . Ever since then I have always connected to a dedi in every single game and I must have gone through around 20 Cold War games over 2 days ..  have you done a cloud update maybe co-incidence or is this the me changing the DNS ?  Might be something others  may be interested in  

Also loving he QOS test for ping , sometime its agreessive I have 1% and 1% a couple of times and thought WTH but generally it works fairly well and does provide smoother game play ..nice work guys I have had the router a couple off weeks and its such an improvement on the original duma . (Wi fi aside :) ) ... yes I go that far back i think i was one of the first in those early days 

• Administrators

Great to hear that. How were you sure they were actual peers? I'm not aware of there being a cloud update having been done but it's possible. I wouldn't have thought the DNS would affect it. We will look into that thank you. Next version will have much better Auto Setup and gives you more options to fine tune it. Thank you, really happy that you're enjoying it.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, BL4CK OPS V3TRN said:

I have read that some servers show as peers but actually have a domain name ******.net as an example which shows they are actually servers . But a peer has an empty domain name ?    That was my logic anyway :) 

Usually yes a server will have a domain name like demonware, choopa etc. If it's empty could still be a server, as far as I know it's mainly a server based game.