Packet loss between router and Modem

I was curious when I was playing some call of duty why I wasn't getting the best hit registration. I was getting 30ms and 0% packet loss. During this game I put the ip address from the geo filter auto ping into pingplotter and I got these results. I was just wondering if anyone can help me out with them. I have an xr300 and virginmobile internet in canada. Virgin uses bell homehub3000 as the modem. Below I have provided a screenshot of the pingplotter and an export of the data.

Thanks a lot.

Screenshot 2020-11-17 183504.png

108-61-133-153.choopa.net.pp2

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

There isn't an issue with your connection. The problem is that the CoD have now been configured to not respond to any pings. So if you removed the XR and did the same test connected to the ISP modem/router you would see the same thing. We have a workaround to this that allows us to ping it using Ping Heatmap and the Geo-Filter.

Thanks for the welcome,

I was doing a dslr reports speed test and I got a C for quality which means I was getting packet loss. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to get this to an a+.

Thanks again.

• Administrators

You could be getting packet loss to the servers they've chosen for you. For example, I'm in the UK and it chose the Netherlands, Switzerland and the US and I didn't get a good result. Once the test is over you can click the gear icon and select servers closer to you, when I did that I got a better result.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I did a new test picking the closest servers to me (all in canada). And these are my results. I was wondering if you can sugest any settings that I can change on my router or my modem that can decrease the jitter or packet loss. I have QOS always on for my router.

Thanks again. 

Here is the link:

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/66335328

• Administrators

Okay much better then so that did have something to do with it. Experiment with the Anti-Bufferbloat percentages and do tests each time to find which is most effective for your connection. Trial and error basically to find the best one.

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay much better then so that did have something to do with it. Experiment with the Anti-Bufferbloat percentages and do tests each time to find which is most effective for your connection. Trial and error basically to find the best one.

Thanks a lot