3.0.179 Netduma R2 firmware: First thoughts

Raikun

So it's been a bit over a week since I got the current firmware and same as when I criticize something, I should give props as well, so here goes:

• Firmware is quite solid, and my biggest pet peeve, which was having to reboot every few days or so, seems to be a thing of the past. I initially upgraded over current settings (I know the risks, just wanted to test that functionality), and the only thing that seemed broken was the Connection Benchmark, which worked again once I performed a full factory reset.

• I can finally disable Adblocker for specific devices, and the selection actually sticks, which is amazing. I feel the lists are a bit aggressive at times, but as long as I can add my own from PiHole (which I can), I'm good.

• I never really had any issues with WiFi, but it does feel a bit faster, although that might be the placebo effect that comes from factory resetting. Time will tell, but no complaints there.

• Small issue I had, but now we can add special characters to passwords, which to me, represents a whole lot of peace of mind. I always knew it was a minor bug, but one that had me changing the password on all my devices. Not critical, but weird and quite a hassle.

• QoS auto setup is more conservative and accurate now. I always go with 70/70 myself manually, but the auto setup goes a long way for new adopters. Kudos on that!

• Rapps feel more responsive, and less prone to loading issues. I assume this will only get better as more development resources as well as time get poured over the product.

As I said, if you take the time to be critical, you should also make an effort to to praise as well. I still believe communication and actual delivery of the firmware are the dark spots on an otherwise great device, but no product is perfect.

Keep it up folks, and special shoutout to @Netduma Fraser for putting up with my complaining ass. You are the real MVP.

Edited by raikun
Spelling