PS4 Rest Mode

Hello Everyone,

I have a XR500 that I purchase couple years ago and I recently started having an issue with it. The issue is when I put my PS4 slim on rest mode the it does not stay connected to the internet? I can confirm this because the light on the router turns orange. 

I have checked that all the settings on the PS4 under "power/savings" and "network" are checked to allow downloads and stay connected to internet. I have set its own ip on the router and also PS4 side. not sure why this happening. I did download the 3.0 update few weeks ago, I have reset the router multiple times and nothing. i did upgraded my tv to a newer Lg CX that was the only recent change.

any help is appreciated. 

no way! hahaha. thanks for your help. I figured it went offline because when I get home from work there are times that updates that come out in the morning don't automatically download until I'm out of rest mode. thanks again!

2 minutes ago, joel82 said:

no way! hahaha. thanks for your help. I figured it went offline because when I get home from work there are times that updates that come out in the morning don't automatically download until I'm out of rest mode. thanks again!

I get that issue, I think it checks at weird times so it does not spam their servers. So you get a nice download filled by the painful copying when you just want to play 😊