Ping assist

stenmars42

Hi,

Could somebody explain why does the peer attached on the picture is denied when he has a 22 ping and my ping assist is set to 35? It seems like when I make geofilter changes it works for one game and then it wont connect again to anybody.

pingass.jpg

• Administrators

The way Ping Assist works is that it takes the very first initial ping result and then blocks/allows based on that information so sometimes a peer/server will ping under/over it's normal ping so in that example even though it is lower than your value, if it pinged over that value initially then that is why it is blocked. I would recommend using the radius or polygons for playing CoD.

On 11/11/2020 at 1:27 PM, xrobwx71 said:

Hmm, I never get these icons you have. I always thought it simply worked in the background. I get the icon windows on the top right but not the ones on the map.

Have you added the device? On top left of the screen where it says add device when you move your mouse over it? If you havent added a device then you wont see anything on your map. 

12 hours ago, xrobwx71 said:

I have added a device and 

I have had that happen before, a few times so I know that other things can effect that,  and stop it working, such as ivp6 and sometimes just a simple reboot helps or go to setup wizard and just setup again. Sometimes ivp6 can effect it. Try toggling ivp6 on lan side and if your with sky and using your own router then input the generic user name and password in option 61. Those are all the things I've had to do before to get mine to work.