COD WW2

stenmars42

Hi guys,

I bought the xr500 the last week and put the dumaos 3.0 beta on it. I was worried reading a lot of stuff here, but  after setting everything up, there were zero issues, I´m amazed how good the user interface is, this is a must for COD. I´ve tested it with WW2 and Warzone on PS4 and I have a few questions I´m hoping you could answer:

1. I´ve noticed that for the WW2, I can only find lobbies if I include a server in the geo-filter circle or draw a square around it. Is this normal for WW2? Isn´t it supposed to connect me to a peer if there is no server? For Warzone, if I wait long enough, it will connect me to a peer.

2. Regarding the new feature the 3.0 has in the geofilter, when I draw a square around a server, then draw another square lets say around Italy, will I be connected to the server I chose and only allow Italian players in the lobby? I guess thats false as I can´t block players to join a specific server, but in this case, does it have any use? I´m asking because, I do that, and have noticed that more italian players are in the lobby. If I draw around Finland there are finnish players there. Is this a coincidence or? If I only draw a square around a server, it takes more time to get into a lobby, sometimes I can´t at all. Is this feature only useful if my friend are not in the circle around me so this will allow him to connect as well? When I choose a game mode and see that there are blocked players around my circle what does it mean? I won´t join to the lobby these blocked players are in?

3. I was afraid that this geofilter stuff will be useless for me as I´m from Slovakia and the closest server to me is in Frankfurt, Germany, but with the geofilter I can force to be on this server all the time, which has 19-20 ping for me. This is quite nice considering that its 1000km away from me. There is a polish server which is half the distance, but that has 40-60 ping and runs like sh*t.

4. When there is "connecting to online services" I pretty much see all the servers, but then they dissapear. I´m trying to connect to the US servers to see how would it affect my gameplay, but in the geofiltering mode I couldn´t see any servers in the US or if I see it doesn´t connect.

5. Does the WW2 has only dedicated server or do I connect to peers and then to the server? Could you please explain how does this work? I´ve noticed that sometimes the auto-ping finds a player, then when the match starts it swithes and shows that I´m connected to the server. Sometimes I do have really goods lobbies on the same server, but then after 2-3 matches it runs not so great again. I´m not sure if this is the amazing SBMM or depends on the players distance to the server in each lobby. Its strange because in WW2 you could stay in the same lobby, but each time someone else have a great advantage.

That would be for now, I may post some more later.  Thanks in advance for the answer a a big thank you for the DumaOS, I should have bought this much-much sooner! Have a great day.

• Administrators

Glad to hear you're enjoying it! To answer your questions:

1. Most of the CoD games use servers, I think in only very rare cases where there aren't many servers - for example the middle east will it use peers instead. Most likely the peer you're connecting to is a misclassified server.
  2. What should happen is you will get a server within one of those polygons that you have drawn. That kind of makes sense that you get more players from those areas, perhaps it does take into account whether you personally can connect to them but normally this isn't the case. You can add your friend to your allow list so you can connect to them regardless of your settings. Yes that is the idea.
  3. Great to hear you found a server that works best for you!
  4. That's normal for it to ping all available servers. If you wanted to force a US server then you should change your settings to just cover those servers before you even turn the console on.
  5. I think you're correct in that you connect to a player for the lobby and then it switches to a server for the game. 

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Glad to hear you're enjoying it! To answer your questions:

1. Most of the CoD games use servers, I think in only very rare cases where there aren't many servers - for example the middle east will it use peers instead. Most likely the peer you're connecting to is a misclassified server.
  2. What should happen is you will get a server within one of those polygons that you have drawn. That kind of makes sense that you get more players from those areas, perhaps it does take into account whether you personally can connect to them but normally this isn't the case. You can add your friend to your allow list so you can connect to them regardless of your settings. Yes that is the idea.
  3. Great to hear you found a server that works best for you!
  4. That's normal for it to ping all available servers. If you wanted to force a US server then you should change your settings to just cover those servers before you even turn the console on.
  5. I think you're correct in that you connect to a player for the lobby and then it switches to a server for the game. 

Hi Fraser,

Thanks. I have one more question. if that is the case you have wrote on the fifth question, would it be better to draw a polygon only near the servers so if I connect first to the players I will have a better connection to the server as well? I´m asking because lets say I draw a polygon around Italy, then I will be first connected to the italian player and then to the server which would be bad for the connection?

When I make these changes in the geofilter, should I restart my console as well or I need to close the game only and start it again?

• Administrators

Yes I would always recommend setting the polygon to the closest server/the server you want to play on. If the console/game is on I would suggest restarting the console. After that if you leave the settings as they are then they will apply every time you go to play.