ATT Fiber & XR300 Bandwidth Issue

Tuckable

HI All,

Been using Duma since the R1 and then upgraded a while back to the XR300. Switched to Fiber over the summer (1G/1G) and had no issues with my XR300. Was typically getting between 600-800mbps down. Within the last few weeks, I am no longer getting anywhere near my full speeds. I am now only getting 60-80mbps down. My configuration was not changed and I even reset everything and set it back up and no difference.

When I take the XR300 out of play by hardwiring to the ATT R/M (Pace 5286AC), I receive my full speeds. Once I put the XR300 back in play, the speeds drop to 60mbps. I have the ATT R/M setup with the XR300 in DMZ+ mode, and QOS is disabled in the XR300.

Any thoughts how to get back my full speeds? I've followed the knowledgebase and the optimal settings guides but no luck.

@Netduma Fraser Totally understand the test. Thanks for the help Fraser. I'll submit a ticket for a replacement at the link you provided. I am assuming there should be no cost associated?

Edit - I am struggling to find how to open a case. It appears the standard product warranty has expired for Hardware/phone/email/chat support. 

Support.PNG

Edited by Tuckable
Adding additional info.

• Administrators

Ahh okay, your warranty has expired so you won't be able to get a replacement. 

In that case I'll keep trying to help you but I'm unsure whether we'll be able to get it sorted. Upgrade to the same latest firmware using TFTP then do a factory reset after: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP that will make it the freshest install possible and get rid of any issues in boot that could be affecting it.

@Netduma Fraser I am already on the latest firmware, but i can try a factory reset anyway as suggested.
As you saw in my screenshot, i've had the XR300 for less than a year. This is pretty insane that it would not be covered under a warranty at this point. If the factory reset doesn't fix the issue, do you have any other suggestions? No way am i going out and buying a brand new router when this one is not even a year old.

• Administrators

The important part there is upgrading again via TFTP as it bypasses the boot process and potentially eliminates issues you would get by upgrading normally. According to the screenshot you've had it just over a year which is the standard time frame for warranty I believe - we have nothing to do with their policies. If TFTP + reset doesn't fix then I'm not sure at the moment, I will need to try and think outside the box.