Please Help WITH MY XR1000

Hello! I just upgraded from xr500 to xr1000. When I first set it up it worked perfect!!! I usually play COD MODERNWARFARE  and I was always like 10 seconds ahead of every player which is awesome I would drop the enemy like flies. But lately it’s been really bad it’s like if I’m using a regular router I don’t know what’s the problem I’m getting killed left and right and tons of hit markers!! I live in Texas and play on those servers... and another big issue is Every time I’m playing the page where I have the Duma Geo filter page keeps logging out and keeps asking to sign in again to put it the admin and password don’t know why But it’s annoying!  I have 480 down and 20 up ... I have the latest firmware.44 and have reset it and still I’m getting clapped like nothing bunch of hit markers .... I already did the whole trouble shooting I use google chrome browser whats the problem?? This router was amazing when I first installed it gave me great connection at first but lately it’s like in using any router please help !

Guest Killhippie
6 hours ago, Michael Carrasco said:

Hello! I just upgraded from xr500 to xr1000. When I first set it up it worked perfect!!! I usually play COD MODERNWARFARE  and I was always like 10 seconds ahead of every player which is awesome I would drop the enemy like flies. But lately it’s been really bad it’s like if I’m using a regular router I don’t know what’s the problem I’m getting killed left and right and tons of hit markers!! I live in Texas and play on those servers... and another big issue is Every time I’m playing the page where I have the Duma Geo filter page keeps logging out and keeps asking to sign in again to put it the admin and password don’t know why But it’s annoying!  I have 480 down and 20 up ... I have the latest firmware.44 and have reset it and still I’m getting clapped like nothing bunch of hit markers .... I already did the whole trouble shooting I use google chrome browser whats the problem?? This router was amazing when I first installed it gave me great connection at first but lately it’s like in using any router please help !

All netgear routers log out after a period of time, even the XR500 does, its a safety feature to protect against cross site scripting for a start and those that forget to shut the admin pages down, the router is not meant to be left open 24/7 its unsafe. As to the gaming side its  a new router, very new expect updates to make things work better and dont activate armor it slows the machine down. I'm sure @Netduma Fraser will help with setting but you cant keep the page open. Enjoy the game don't keep playing with a router ;)

• Administrators

I've sent you a firmware via PM, please upgrade then do a factory reset and see how you get on. As above though, the interface will time out every so often, that is normal. I think it depends on the browser and it's settings as well as to how quickly that happens. We have the mobile app though if you want a way to look at the Geo-Filter for example without getting timed out.