Geo filter still allowing games outside of area . Help needed

SharpeDan

Hi, 

I have tried to set a strict boundary for FIFA 21 due to poor delay being encountered. I have 0 on ping assist and set as strict but I am still being connected to games outside of the UK ( example attached ). I've tried power cycling devices and general advice found on forums with no success. Any help would be appreciated , thanks .

IMG_20201105_205835.jpg

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

It does appear to be blocked there, are you actually in a game in this screenshot? as you're zoomed in it's possible something is appearing outside what you can see. Unzoom completely and see if there is anything else that appears. Which router/firmware version are you using?

Netduma seems to be doing what is meant todo. it blocked the host outside of your radius. Zoom out like Fraser suggested just to confirm you not connected else where outside of your selected radius.

Hi, thanks for such a quick response. I have attached an image that's zoomed out. This is what is showing whilst I am in a game. I hope I haven't mis understood but it looks like it's allowing me to join still 

16046955688604398608220688166133.jpg

Same results as me. The game allows other server outside the geo range. It worked in fifa 20 but it doesn't in fifa 21. I have had some joy using a vpn for fut champs delay is much better however some times you get disconnects and bad vpn drop outs.

Hi Fraser , yes briefly they all flash up on the map. I can try capturing it for you I'd it would help out. The difference having this working would be great with servers outside the UK for me causing so much delay which is very noticeable 

• Administrators

That's great thank you. Right so I think there is probably an authentication server you will need to allow in order to be able to filter properly. Put your location in the ocean then boot up the game again, does it let you straight through past the menu? If not look to see what is being blocked and then add this to the allow list. You may need to do it a few times and then try to filter.

• Administrators

Okay try this please:

1. Hard turn off the console
  2. Remove device from Geo-Filter
  3. Flush Geo-Filter cloud
  4. Re-add device to Geo
  5. Adjust your settings
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up console and game

See if that keeps the games within the radius.

Im afraid this hasnt changed anything Fraser. Still placing me in games all over Europe. I will note that "flush cloud" feature hasn't been working for me. It just times out when applying. Strange that it shows them as being blocked but goes ahead anyway. The nearest server looks like Ireland which I never get placed in.ive also tried blocking those that I connect to bit still it will still allow me to connect again 

• Administrators

For flush cloud when it comes up with a message just wait a minute and refresh the page, it will have flushed the cloud. The Ireland server will be for authentication most likely so not an actual server to play on. Could you provide a screenshot of how you've added the device to the Geo please?

Ok it looks as though it has now been rectified since the full reset. As games outside of the area no longer connect. I do have a long standing issue with WiFi calls on all my devices. Would you like a separate post or to comment on others as it seems common.