Ping under load

Bacon

On the R2, running 3.0.179 and using Xfinity, I'm having issues with my ping under load.  My setup is modem -> R2 - Orbi and I'm testing this on a wired PC.  I have 100 down and 6 up and I've tried this multiple times with setting the network speeds myself or letting the R2 do it with Auto Detect.

With Congestion Control off, when I go to Connection Benchmark and Run Test, I get an A+ Speed Test and an A on Ping Test.  My ping is generally showing between 20 and 30.  

My Ping Test Under Load only shows as a D with download anywhere from 90-120 and upload 400+.  

In QoS and trying Auto-Setup, it keeps telling me to set my Congestion Control at just 1% for both down and up.  But I still get a D with high ping times under Ping Under Load.

What am I missing or what do I need to do?  Thanks for any help.  

• Administrators

I wouldn't suggest using Auto Setup at the moment as it is too aggressive. We are majorly improving this at the moment and should be seen with the next firmware fingers crossed.

I would suggest you use Congestion Control starting at 90% with Always selected, then do a test, see what the results are, lower % by 10%, redo test. Rinse repeat until you find what lowers it the most, closer to your normal Ping Test results. When you get to a value that looks good, I'd suggest trying 5% either side of that to see if you can bring it down anymore.