How to bypass QOS for other devices?

GAflyboy322

What I'm trying to accomplish is have my R2 directly connected to my cable modem and then hook my XBOX and old router( everything in the house still runs off this ) to the R2.  the problem is when I set the QOS to have the lowest ping, that Download and Upload speed setting will apply to the XBOX and any other wired devices downstream of the R2.  I need the R2 setting to be the best for my XBOX for gaming and the other wired devices to have the full bandwidth of my network.  Can you tell me how to make this happen?

Thanks

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

For QoS to work correctly and for it to give you the best gaming experience it should be applied to ALL devices. Now you can choose Auto-Enable so that speeds will only be reduced when you are gaming but the very nature of the feature allows people to use the internet all at once without any inconveniences. Traffic Prioritization will prioritize the console so that it gets the best connection.

2 hours ago, GAflyboy322 said:

What I'm trying to accomplish is have my R2 directly connected to my cable modem and then hook my XBOX and old router( everything in the house still runs off this ) to the R2.  the problem is when I set the QOS to have the lowest ping, that Download and Upload speed setting will apply to the XBOX and any other wired devices downstream of the R2.  I need the R2 setting to be the best for my XBOX for gaming and the other wired devices to have the full bandwidth of my network.  Can you tell me how to make this happen?

Thanks

Have you tried the R2 to see how it performs.

The way it works is that you can enjoy great gaming but also have good bandwidth for the devices you want or wish to use a higher percentage.

without knowing your isp speed if you allowed full bandwidth of say a pc and it starting downloading a file and saturated your connection your Xbox would suffer hence why QoS and congestion control work to insure you get the best performance of your network. 
if it were me I would try it out as you have I believe 14 days.