Connection Interrupted

Ryanw

I have been getting connection interrupted in the middle of my game, usually later at nights. i added another ps4 to my geo filter, and that ps4 is hard wired into the netduma. could that be the issue? can the netduma not take 2 consoles at once?

Also 2nd question, netduma is a dualband router, however i can't connect a device such as my phone to the 2.4 instead of the 5? how do i choose the 2.4 for my phone?

• Administrators

If you look at the Geo-Filter do you notice anything being blocked when you see this happen? In WiFi settings disable Mirror mode, then give 2.4/5GHz different names, apply and then you'll be able to choose manually on each device which one to connect to.

no sir, i did not see anything being blocked. i have not really noticed honestly. but if thats not it, what could it be? the R2 not handling 2 ps4's at once? or a call of duty server thing?

• Administrators

You would have to look quite quickly as it will disappear fast. Try tonight just disabling the Geo-Filter completely and see if the same thing happens. No I wouldn't have thought that would be it. It could be a server issue but it is quite odd it happens at that time. Perhaps your ISP issues a new lease around that time, in which case it would still happen with the Geo off.

Well the reason i think it is the R2 not being able to handle 2 ps4's at once because it wasn't doing it before, until i added the 2nd ps4. my friend plays later at night, and i have noticed i dont really get that issue before he gets on his ps4. i don't always play that late at night as i have to work in the mornings. so i cant check it out tonight. i would have to wait until tomorrow and the weekend at the earliest. the timing if it happens is odd, and thats why i would think it was an R2 issue, and i know some people playing with me experience the same issue. one game we were about to win and we both got connection issue and it ended our game. before i had the R2, i never had these issues, but my friend was on wifi and i was hard wired, now we both are hard wired into the R2.

we are both playing call of duty but 2 different games. i am playing blackout he is playing warzone. but that doesnt answer the question if the R2 can handle 2 systems at once. and the whole point of me buying the R2 was for the geo filter so i can choose my server and keep a low ping. why would i turn off my geo filter?

For the NAT i did what you said and put in the R2's WAN ip to the isp's modem dmz line.

• Administrators

There shouldn't be any problem with them playing at once, hence why you can add 4 devices to the Geo-Filter at a time. For troubleshooting purposes if you disable the Geo-Filter and it does/doesn't happen then that gives us further information to go on.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to start a whole new thread.... but my stuff wasn't working all of a sudden and I couldn't join anyone or a lobby. I got this message when trying to open my geo filter... what is this? See picture

20201108_121904.jpg