Settings for placing R1 behind BT Hub and getting open NAT

S_Tron81

I would like to know the optimum way to set up the R1 so I can have it plugged into my BT Smart Hub and still get an open NAT. I appreciate this is not the optimum way to do things but I dont use the console (PS5) im trying to get an open NAT on very opten and this is used as a secondary router soley for the console.

thanks in advance

thanks for the swift reply.

i have tried that and i have no luck, the PS4 says NAT type 2 but the games i load up say strict or moderate even when in spectating mode.

anything else ive missed or could try?

thanks 

• Administrators

Are you using UPnP or port forwarding on the R1? I have given you access to the R1 beta that you can find here: https://forum.netduma.com/forum/130-dumaos-30-beta-netduma-r1/

Once upgraded to that you will be able to put the console in the DMZ of the R1.

Thanks I have applied the update and put the console in the DMZ of the R1 and BT Hub with the same outcome.

I will try a reboot of the console and some other things and revert back to you.

I was just using UPnP but then a mixture of both which resulted in the same issue. 

One question I have, should I turn off IPv6 in General and WAN settings as it was dissabled previously when i had no issues?

Thanks

so ive been through every conceivable combination of UPnP/PortForward/DMZ on and off and the best I can get is moderate NAT

i then plugged the console in to the hub directly and got open first hit, then double checked the R1 and it was moderate.

any additonal assistance would be greatfully recieved

thanks 

edit

i will add that i checked playability and the difference between the open and moderate was obvious 

implemented and unsuscessful in and outside DMZ 

update

after a bit of time and some adjustments NAT's are open, i will check back again in the morning and confim the settings i have fyi it thats useful 

• Administrators

That doesn't really make any sense, if you double check the WAN IP for the R1 and the IP of the PS4 have they changed from what you entered in the DMZ? If so you will need to give them reserved IPs. Is there anything else in your setup e.g. is the hub connected to anything, is the PS4 connected to a switch for example?

Hi, not sure if you saw my update but everything fell into place, current settings below for reference.

BT Hub

• R1 in DMZ
  • UPnP dissabled
  • No port forward rules in place at all

R1

• Console in DMZ
  • IPv6 dissabled
  • UPnP on auto
  • No port forward rules set by me
  • DumaOS beta working well

Thanks