Traffic Rules not showing in list

JoeGantic

Hello,

I've got a problem where when I add a traffic rule it doesn't appear in the Traffic Rules Pane on the left. However the rule does work and is active in the event capture and on the device. The result is I have no way to edit or delete the rule once I add it other than to use the disable all rules toggle (which works). Is this a known issue and will it be fixed with the long promised firmware update?

Thanks

JoeGantic

Fraser this is on an HP laptop running Win 10 and running Chrome. I tried clearing all history/cookies and no change and also using Edge and same result.

I imagine a reboot would probably fix it but that sure is getting old with this router and I've got multiple users working/learning from home so have to wait until after hours for that...

Thanks,

JoeGantic

Fraser I'd rather not do that as it would show my device list but I can tell you when I add a new rule when I hit the final OK button it shows up quickly on the two right panes but nothing shows up in the traffic rules area.

Fraser I installed it and confirmed it updated but it did not fix this particular problem. None of the previous rules I made show up and I tried making another test one and it didn't either, though I have about a half dozen that activate now if I toggle the disable all button off...

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
41 minutes ago, JoeGantic said:

Fraser,

Just wanted to let you know I did a factory reset yesterday and now when I add a Traffic Rule it does show up in the list. So far so good, I'll update if it crops up again...

Thanks,

JoeGantic

That's great, thanks very much for letting us know!

Not the most recent one but the one before that. I was hoping to wait until the real deal is released before I went through the hassle of the reset again. The traffic rules seem to be working for now even when they don't show up in the list and aren't something I need to change all the time...

JoeGant

• 2 months later...

I’m having the same issue. In my case, all rules disappear after I remove offline devices. 

I think this a bug!

Does the router has a CLI interface where I can manage those rules in the meantime?

I hope you find a solution soon, because I don't think the reset was a good idea. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Galo said:

I’m having the same issue. In my case, all rules disappear after I remove offline devices. 

I think this a bug!

Does the router has a CLI interface where I can manage those rules in the meantime?

I hope you find a solution soon, because I don't think the reset was a good idea. 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The rules you had, were some of them for the offline devices that you deleted?

No it doesn't have a CLI that you can use. Is there any reason you wouldn't be able to do a reset? 

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, Galo said:

Yes, there were some devices offline that are applied in the rules. 

Okay that was probably why then, there must be a bug there then. I will make a ticket for this. If you don't want to factory reset then reupgrading the router to the same firmware may help. For now if you want to do that then delete the rules first, then the devices.

I can’t delete or modify the rules since they are not visible. 

I did the upgrade to the last version, but the issue remains. 

I tried also creating a new rules that apply to other online devices, but never show up. However the are visible in the traffic analytics, but not in rule’s list. 

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, Galo said:

I can’t delete or modify the rules since they are not visible. 

I did the upgrade to the last version, but the issue remains. 

I tried also creating a new rules that apply to other online devices, but never show up. However the are visible in the traffic analytics, but not in rule’s list. 

Sorry I meant in future once they appear again. Okay you will need to do a factory reset I think then to allow it to work or alternatively reconnect the devices that were deleted back to the router.