Benefits of Netduma for Destiny 2 on Xbox

NinjaNotForHire

I am considering a Netduma R2 but I am having a hard time figuring out exactly how it helps my experience on Destiny 2. Since Destiny uses the hybrid peer to peer matchmaking, it seems like that negates the benefit of geo filtering, which seems like the main advantage of the R2. Anyone have more info specific to Destiny 2 and how much the Netduma R2 benefits the quality of network play?

Thanks

Cody

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Due to some recent updates from Destiny we need to make some changes to the Geo-Filter itself rather than doing our usual updates from the cloud in order to get full compatibility and this will take some time, we don't currently have a date for when those changes will be completed. It should still work but not as well as before. 

• Administrators

Destiny uses a hybrid peer/server system so it's possible peers will still connect to you through the server that is closest to you but you'll still have the advantage but yes that is the idea. As mentioned it's not 100% compatible due to those updates that we have to try and workaround.