Server ip

SendNukes

this may be a dumb question.

But recently I have been playing around with the ping plotter and learning more about it.

I have bad ping spikes and uploaf fluctuation, but my isp has ensured me everything looks great.

I tell them I lag like crazy when gaming, and they tell me to run ping plotter to the game server and see the results. 

I assumed that I could use the ip address located in ping heat map, but the ip is always invalid.  Any suggestions?

I'm in Louisiana. 

And the more servers I can ping, the better. I usually ping assist <50ms. My ping to server in dumaos usually says 30ms average and I still spike like crazy and get packet loss emblem 

• Administrators

Ah, I know what the problem is now. Game Servers for CoD no longer respond to a typical ping. So the way we do it is actually send a little bit of game data in order to get a ping reading so you won't be able to do what the ISP asked for.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, SendNukes said:

Can I do anything at all to see my route to the servers?

Here is one of the server IPs that are close, if you do a traceroute in command prompt that should provide a trace to the hop before the actual server which should give the ISP at least something to go off.

Ok, I ran a ping plotter to the ip associated with modern warfare  (the game that i play)

I read online that the game servers don't allow a traceroute, so the final destination shows 100% packet loss.
But what I do notice is that the hop right before the final hop seems to have MAJOR latency spikes...

So I ran another route to that hop as the final destination.. here are the results. 

What does this mean for me?503110251_mwserver.thumb.PNG.3fbfc661d2fd6898e825dae57dbf008e.PNG2051078659_mwhop.thumb.PNG.65b8db5fc65dea2a3c1a83e61232f6b6.PNG

• Administrators

No idea I'm afraid, sounds like they think you're a customer with their service. Should definitely try to make it clear you're not and you get routed through that server when trying to play games and it gives you latency.