Limit speeds in QoS to help with lag compensation in Call of Duty

Satan1976

Hi.

I heard that if you limit your devices speed in the QoS, that it helped with the lag compensation algorithm within the Call of Duty Multiplayer system.  Essentially, it would be telling the system that you do not have a super fast speed, therefore not penalising your connection with the lag compensation. Is there any truth in this?

Thanks guys

1 hour ago, Satan1976 said:

Hi.

I heard that if you limit your devices speed in the QoS, that it helped with the lag compensation algorithm within the Call of Duty Multiplayer system.  Essentially, it would be telling the system that you do not have a super fast speed, therefore not penalising your connection with the lag compensation. Is there any truth in this?

Thanks guys

Hi!

In my experience to tell you that in this Cod that does not work, or at least for me it did not work.
In the previous cod titles, if you forced the game with a low speed, the game would pick it up, usually it gives about 4000kbps with normal speeds, forcing it could go down from 4000kbps easily, making the game only pick up 1000kbps, however in this Cod it and tried many times and even putting minimum speeds I have not succeeded, or it does not connect to the server if it goes too low or if it connects it will recognize it above 4000kbps. The only way to get me to register less bandwidth was doing a speed test while connecting to online services and the difference was minimal since it registers between 3500-4000 kbps.

The problem of Cod is not the speeds, the problem of Cod is the ping, the ping of delay will always have it that is something of the code of the game and it cannot be omitted so the most important thing is to focus on getting the server with ping more low and do not have packet loss, for everything else pray to Saint server and that he wants to go well!

Regards!

• Administrators

It's one of those things that people suggest and some swear by it, others don't. Best thing to do is just experiment with all the settings and find what works best for you. Every connection is different so there won't be a one size fits all setting.